What makes you happy?

by LucyA 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• LucyA
    LucyA

Today I looked back on my old posts and realised almost everything I write of this board is negative. So I decided to post an experience I find makes me happy! First I should explain that I have a patio at the side of my home which borders a garden. It’s really pretty. Sometimes on a Sunday when I have made my Breakfast. I sit out on my patio usually with a book or magazine and look around my garden and feel the most overwhelming sense of just happiness. I thought this morning if I was god this is where I would want my meeting held it was just to nice a day to stay inside.

So tell me what Stupid little thing makes you Happy?

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

Sometimes I take a deep breath and close my eyes and just think positive. It gives me goose bumps every time.

• RR
    RR

Simple things make me happy. Browsing through an old bookstore and record shop, hanging out with TRUE friends, taking a long walk in the city. Sitting on the couch with my 6 year old watching him pee his pants as he laughs so hard watching "Tom and Jerry".

RR

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I really enjoy a night walk with my husband and kids and looking up at the starry sky, just talking and having no worries in the world for that moment.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I've always tried to journal....and most of the stuff that comes out on the paper looks AWFUL!!! I look back at the different writings and think: Was I really this mad/sad/depressed? NO! I think a lot of what we type/write is the negative stuff that comes out just so we can FEEL the positive stuff. It's okay to feel mad, sad, depressed and angry. For the most part, I am a very happy person. It's okay to feel all these different emotions, even if the "negative" is what's put out there. What makes me happy is (i'm gonna start with the superficial stuff):

I'm currently watching the Thursday night episode of Gray's Anatomy & tears are falling...but not sad tears. I LOOOOOVE Christmas! I LOVE the closeness I've felt with the family that has accepted me (and visa versa, after I got over my cult mind control).

I cry whenever I watch the Biggest Loser because obesity runs rampant in my family & I am overjoyed, watching people get out of their comfort zones & make their lives healthier

I am SO thankful for my pets, who have loved me unconditionally. Well, I take that back ....one of my dogs just smacks me in the face with her alligator-dog tail whenever I'm sad. Maybe that is actually her way to make me smile

I am thankful for the few close friends that I've finally opened up to. They stuck around, even when I was too closed off to 'let them in'...I was too scared to tell them where I came from. Guess what...THEY LOVE ME ANYWAY.

I'm happy when my siblings talk to me openly...when the cult doesn't have a grip on their minds. I'm happy when my elder father smiles at me...it didn't always used to be that way. I am happy whenever I get a birthday card from someone who tells me that THEY are grateful for the fact that I was born. I am happy when I make a difference in one of my patient's lives. I am happy when a new patient comes to me because an old patient has told them how great I made them feel .

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.- Alexander Graham Bell Cliche', maybe. True? ABSOLUTELY.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I just saw the preview for "Precious" and want to see the movie. Apparently, she pulls herself out of the mess she has been thrown into by her mother. She is helped by others, of course, but she does pull herself out of it. Seeing that kind of thing makes me very happy.

Seeing people who, like the Phoenix rising out of the ashes, pull themselves out of horrible situations and make something of themselves is so wonderful.

• crapola
    crapola

Seeing my children happy makes me happy.

• stillin
    stillin

good music. good conversation. good people. natural beauty. hard work for a worthy cause.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Chillin with the wife, listenning to some lounge, and a glass of cabernet

• JimmyPage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit