Elders - Complaints

by IMHO 4 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

We often here that R&F should not complain and murmer against the Elders.

Two questions:

1. What are people actually complaining and murmering about?

2. Do the Elders ever consider that the complaints are valid and they should change themselves?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    2. Do the Elders ever consider that the complaints are valid and they should change themselves?

They have a stock answer that covers all question of this nature: Wait on Jehovah.

I cannot count the number of JW funerals that I've been to. Those folks waited on Jehovah and then died.

Either get busy living or get busy dying.

• life is to short
    life is to short

It is a perfect religion with imperfect people in it. So they are imperfect we just need to deal with it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I, for one, did not like being told to just meet other men. They did not do a damn thing to help me--they just wanted me to just meet other men, which I did not want. At which point, it was no longer worth the time and trouble to even bother going to those f***ing boasting sessions or out in field circus. If I am going to get zero personal value out of it, I might as well not do it any more.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Reminds me of the WT article "Is All Complaining Bad?" where the R&F got a small bit of permission to complain Oliver Twist style ("Please Br Elder, can you be more encouraging instead of a walking pri*k storm?")

Elders for the most part do view complaining as a potential spiritual problem. Those that don't complain are considered strong, those that do complain, weak. (in general)

I think the opposite is true nowadays...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit