Have you ever heard of JW to tell a NON JW to lie for him/her?

by asilentone 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
    asilentone

Tell me about it.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

No, i dont think they need to. They are pretty darn good at it themselves. some are masters of the lie, slight untruth, mislead, avoid the truth, lawyer talk. Actually, they would make good politicians!

cheers

• teel
    teel

Indeed, as Aussie said. The Bible condemns lie, so some of them work around it so skillfully that they tell the truth, yet you come to the conclusion they wanted you to, which is a lie. I heard this tactic used, and when I confronted him, he said that "it is not his concern to know it". Also see: teocratic warfare. They can apply it to anything. I told him, that if it's not his concern, tell him exactly that, don't lie. He told me he didn't said anything that was not truth. My reply: yes, but you knew perfectly well that the conclusion he will draw from your words was not true, and that deception is worse than lying, because straight out lies can easily be found out, these twisted words have the ring of truth to it.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

my friend is out, but her parents are very much in and peck her head. - I know that her mum doesnt want her dad calling her, hes torn though.

i was with her and her dad asked her to phone her mum and say she was the oone making all the phone calls to her dad and not theother way round,

I told her to just say 'let me get this straight Dad, are you asking me to tell lies'?

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Yes, there was this german elder, this guy was also a peeping Tom and stealing womens panties, same guy spoke badly of this other family, always behind their backs, especially regarding the husband who wasnt a dub. Ok, the family werent prime examples, and even people in the village remarked on it, as the wife was a JW, and her husband was a cop, but this german dub called this family every name under the sun, but to their face he was a nice as ninepence.

The dubs do it all the time, tell lies, but some have become quite good at it in they believe the lies they tell, saving face its called, or covering ones own ass at the expense of some other poor bastard who is innocent. Yeah, "slight of Mouth", thats very apt, and just like magicians, its surprising what they conjour up sometimes with that little tool that can set whole forests ablaze just with one spark of it-namely their lying, cheating and somewhat deceiving tongues that have caused detriment to so many.

I think all the garbage the self appointed slave has told the sheep to date, from 19oatcake onwards is testimony enough to show what a lying bunch they can be, and its from top to bottom in that organization.

Theocratic warfare, Newspeak........there is this great book, recently written by a phd in London, and he goes on to say how newspeak is used today, its a real eye opener, wonder if a dub helped him write it?

Re-edit: Unspeak: when words become Weapons by Steven Poole 2007

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit