Veterans Day

by bobld 2 Replies latest jw friends

• bobld
    bobld

"Wars are Stupid" No two independent democracies have ever gone to war against each other.This suggest if every country adopted democracy there would be NO MORE WARS.This is what the WTBS likes to say.Than it begs the question?Why does the WBTS disfellowship members from their congregations.They say we don't go to war to kill a brother from a different country.You (wtbs) will not think twice of disfellowshipping (killing) your brother because he speaks out against the GB because they are wrong on--UN,BLOOD,PEDOPHILES.GENERATION,ETC.

The sacrifices made by Veterans:not for money or fame or personal advancement,but in the name of freedom and for the well-being of humankind.I want to thank you for sacrificing your life so we could live in freedom.A terrible price paid for freedom.There will always be wars.So is the desire for peace.Even if we don't agree with the impulse to do either we can't stop it.

Bob

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was in Vegas last weekend and at the roulette table, a guy stated he is an Airforce Pilot in Iraq. I told him "politics aside, thank u".

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

We call it 'remembrance day' here. On the 11/11 we stop for a minutes silence at 11am. Depending on where you are, some offices, shops, schools etc observe this minutes silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit