Dubs and BORG

by brainwashed-from-birth 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

Hello I am sort of new and have noticed the above two words used to decribe the organization and the people that follow it. What exactly do the words stand for? Are they abbrievations? How did they get stated? Just curious... anyone know???

• LucyA
    LucyA

I don’t Know where Dubs comes from but Borg is from star trek their a group of aliens who go around trying to assimilate everyone into the collective (basically a giant computer) all Borg that don’t work correctly or atempt to go against the collective are purged (destroyed) so it wont screw up the rest. Great metaphor for the JW I think.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Dubs = JW's (Jay-Dubyas)

Borg = Organization (You WILL be assimilated.)

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

It is creepy how ok they are with being controlled. Robotic. Thanks for the info :-) peace

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

I dont really like dub - its a minor irritation - as in JW (jay double you - jay dub ble you) but Im like that with slang lol.

as for borg, - assimilated into a collective with no freedom of thought - reasonable analogy

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I was never over keen on acronyms and abbreviations but us opposers have our own little language to a degree, I wonder what the latest buzz word is for us?, but Dubs and Borg are very good words at summarizing what they really are, I think Jerkhoobah is great!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

"Borg" has two meanings. First, the "B" could be an abbreviation for "Brooklyn", where the headquarters of the organization are located. Second, it implies Star Trek-like compliance to an organization. Star Trek uses the term as well, in the same sense. You are expected to perfectly comply with everything the organization (and its Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger) tells you to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit