I have been thinking about getting a new email address

by asilentone 5 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have my current email account with TOO MANY unread messages, I am thinking about getting a new email account, I would like to get some suggestions from you what my email address should be. If I choose your suggestion, you will get some prize from me.

• xeracia
    xeracia

Hmm tons of unread messages huh? Well then why not make your new address [email protected] or [email protected] or how about [email protected]

• Incognito
    Incognito

This is not a direct response to your question but, I've heard of some people, once a year, declaring email bankruptcy.

During one special day (birthday, Anniversary, New Years,...) they delete all of their inbox emails and start fresh. They often say that if they haven't dealt with it by that point, they probably never will.

If someone calls and complains that they haven't responded, they reply: 'Sorry, I didn't see it and it must have been deleted.'

How many emails are really all that important that the sender follows-up on what was sent? If it is truly important, just tell the sender to re-send it.

I haven't had the guts to do this yet, but there are times I do feel like clearing everything out.

• xeracia
    xeracia

I've honestly never heard of that. I've had my email account since I first got online. I can't imagine changing email addresses. I have made one to use when you have to type in an address to see something online. That is the account that gets flooded with junkmail. So it usually just gets the 'select all' 'delete' treatment. But I have never considered getting rid of my email account that I made when I first got online..which actually wasn't long after I DA'd. Will probably still have that account 20 years from now.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Maybe you could keep your current email address, but have a message sent to all who send you a message, "I PROBABLY DIDN'T AND/OR WILL NEVER READ THIS EMAIL, IF THIS IS IMPORTANT YOU BETTER CALL OR TEXT ME."

lisa

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

try here www.bigstring.com great company, self distructing email etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit