UN scandal

by pat1060 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• pat1060
    pat1060

What is the UN scandal I keep hearing about?.I haven't read any thing about it?

• blondie
    blondie

It is amazing what you can find out by using the search function on JWN and Google.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/Search?cx=partner-pub-4963413421914369%3Ag5in7s-4bz3&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=UN#990

• blondie
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For about ten years The Watchtower Society was secretly acting as an NGO (non government organization) in agreement with the U N O to support its charter and aims. This was despite frequently slamming it in the publications and telling the flock to view the U N as the "scarlet coloured beast" on which the whore, "Babylon the Great " was riding.

There is an abundance of material on the web. This "Best of..." thread from this board gives a myriad links

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/76847/1/The-Best-of-WTS-and-the-UN

• pat1060
    pat1060

Thanks...I just wondered what some thoughts were....I intend on looking it up.

• pat1060
    pat1060

Thanks for this Blondie and BluesBrother.Sense I was out org the org for so many years,much happened,some changes and a difference in just the tone of things.Hard to explain.Thanks again

• bohm
    bohm

Its a pretty confusing and dificult question, and you *really* need to have your facts traight before you debate it, otherwise you are going to stand with egg on your face. Therefore i would recomment you to read thirdwitness site so you know what you are up against: http://www.thirdwitness.com/UN/www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/, it is not that they didnt err in becoming an NGO, it is just so you can avoid the typical jw spin.

The best advice i can give you is NOT to rely on what is written on the web, but to read the official documents (you can properly find them in the best of thread). There was also a 100 page document with a lot of details and scans, but i have lost it :-(.

A strange question that continue to haunt me is why they became members. It just seem to stupid. The closest thing to an explanation is that it helped them legally in some countries..

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Why? It gives credence to their identification as a bona fide religion in some countries. It gives them a sense of power. It gives them access to policy formation. Why does any organization become a NGO?

• bohm
    bohm

VoidEater: Yes - argh. i am NOT saying this to become an appologist, it just seem so STUPID. I mean, it has MEDIA DISASTER written all over it, and the benefit just seem so small. Jehovahs Witnesses seem to thrive on persecution, it fit right into their demonology, and they sure as hell didnt lift a finger for Malawi.

It is properly just me who does not understand the bastard child of coorporate and religious stupidity and i agree - i had not thought about the sence of power, being able to 'spy' on babylon the great. Hell, a couple of them might even wait eagerly on signs of the great persecution preceding the big A. :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit