Did anyone read "Come Be My Follower"? (WT/2007)

by sacolton 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sacolton
    sacolton

What is the gist of this book?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What about "Come learn to be your own leader"? Somehow, the Washtowel would never hint at anyone that might publish a book or article with that title--nor would they ever put out an article of their own teaching people to become their own leaders.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The book deals with the example of Jesus, and - hate me as much as you want to - in my eyes it is a very good book, one of the ones that stand out. Contributing to that was the length of the paragraphs and that 3-4 of them are chained together, so that the thoughts are "longer", more coherent, not cut short because of paragraph length limitations. A book I enjoyed reading from the start to the end.

• wobble
    wobble

I speed read it,some time ago, and I thought it was reasonably balanced, of course they cannot resist saying that following Christ is engaging in field service etc.

I wonder when they will study this at the meeting ?

Of course if any Dub REALLY began to follow Jesus Christ he or she would leave the WT/JW's immediately !

Love

Wobble

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

It will be studied at the congregational book study after the present book is finished, as far as I recall in February.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Awake 11/08 p32

" The book “Come Be My Follower” has had a profound effect on many who have read it. “Jesus has been made more real to me,” said one woman. “I have grown in my appreciation of his role. I want to live a more meaningful life now and be a part of publishing the good news that mankind so desperately needs.”

A father writes: “The book has awakened me to the importance of imitating the perfect example that Jesus left us . . . In this book I have learned to meditate on Jesus’ teachings and on the qualities that he displayed when he was here on earth—humility, love, great patience, obedience, and perseverance. Jesus left an excellent example that has encouraged me to continue on.”

Another reader expressed full agreement with the statement on the back cover, which says, in part: “Jesus Christ is the God-given Leader whom every human needs. . . . This book will help you to know Jesus more intimately and to follow him more closely.” The reader then said, “The book truly helps us to love Jesus, to exercise faith in him, and to obey and follow him.”

• sacolton
    sacolton

Is this book much different from the "Greatest Man" book?

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

Wobble

We’ll be studying this new book after the Keep In God’s Love book next year.

Sacolton

This book is very different from the GM book. Is more personal and it goes into the practical ways that we can be good followers of Jesus.

I have to agree with some of the other comments made about this publication, it’s a good book, you’ll just need to cross a line on the typical WT curb balls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit