What's your New Year's Resolution?

by ozziepost 6 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes, it's that time again. Time to resolve to do things you've been putting off till a later date. Things that you want to improve. Things like........

Well, what's your New Year's Resolution?

Can you guess what other posters are resolving?

D'you think our Uncle Bruce has resolved to keep off......(you guess)

Cheers,
    Ozzie (of the shunned sane class)

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've resolved to stop posting on this board....

Doh! I think I just broke my New Year's resolution!

• Sky
    Sky

I am resolving to quit believing people when they tell me something.
    I should have learned that long ago but didnt, and keep getting my feelings hurt...
    Sky

• Mulan
    Mulan

I repeat: Lose Weight, Lose Weight, Lose Weight!!

And probably more importantly: STOP letting my mother make me feel like a worthless piece of s***.

Lots of problems there.......haven't wanted to post about it. Too much, too painful. She is mentally ill........I am sure of it now.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

to eat more bacon
    and drink less water

• JerryTX
    JerryTX

I sat down and wrote out a list of exactly what I wanted in every respect: my career, my spiritual life, my hobbies, my lovelife, my physical appearance, places I want to travel to and see, changes I want to make in my personal outlook on life, and to meet more of you good people face to face. (We had a great time at North Texas Apostofest Saturday night. The waiters were cleaning up around us we stayed so long at restaurant gabbing away!)

It took a while, and I find I'm adding new stuff to it.

But my biggest *resolution* is to be less judgmental of people and their choices. And to gracefully accept *not knowing* when it comes to my spiritual life, whereas I was so sure and confident as a Dub.

--------------------------------------

"The truth will set you free--but first it will make you damn mad."

M. Scott Peck - "The Different Drum"

• Julie
    Julie

Mine is to keep learning and trying to broaden my horizons. Also hope to make a success of my Beef-Up-For-Winter plan this year. Always a miserable failure.

Marilyn, sorry to hear of hardships for you. Mental illness is so hard to deal with. I know firsthand. My empathy to you dear.

Regards to all,
    Julie

P.S. JerryTX--I would write such a list as yours but I am already writing a book, no need to start another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit