untitled

by dgp 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• dgp
    dgp

As some of you might know by now, I am not a Jehovah's witness, and never have been. And, never will be, thanks to you and other people like you who have opened my eyes to what the society really is. As someone who never crossed the fence, quite often I feel that I can't contribute with anything to the people who left, or who are at the fence, or who are very deep into the society and seem unreachable. I may have something to contribute this time. I hope it does help something for anything.

In another thread, The Oracle wrote this:

What a glorious joy it is to be a part of the human family, to truly care for your fellow humans in such a non-judgmental and loving way!

He was a JW, and feels great to finaly be able to share with us the infidels.

Well, witnesses or former witnesses, that is the way I feel, too, about all those of you who finally left the Borg. By setting yourselves free, you allow us, the outsiders, to welcome you and share what we treasure the most. By going to the fence and jumping over it, you set us free, too. You give us a chance to love you, and to be truly human to you, instead of slamming our doors in your faces. We can see the human in you, and recognize ourselves in your own pain.

As I saw the celebration about the tearing down of the Berlin wall, I could but hope that some day, in the near future, we might see this wall torn down, too. Maybe we will be honored to see Ray Franz pushing the first domino.

To all those who are leaving the Borg, DON'T GIVE UP! To all those who have to stay in, KNOW THAT THERE'S SOMEONE OUT THERE WHO CARES ABOUT YOU! To those who are in the LIE, LOVE THY NEIGHBOR.

• snowbird
    snowbird

HALLELUJAH!!!

Thanks.

Sylvia

• mouthy
    mouthy

What a glorious joy it is to be a part of the human family,
    to truly care for your fellow humans in such a non-judgmental and loving way!

Yes it is. Glad your there to help if my daughter or granddaughter knocks at your door.
    They are still in bondage....(((HUGs)))

http://exjw.weebly.com Grace Gough

• doublelife
    doublelife

"As I saw the celebration about the tearing down of the Berlin wall, I could but hope that some day, in the near future, we might see this wall torn down, too."

It's interesting you mentioned that. Yesterday, I was over my aunt and uncle's house preparing for my dad's funeral and news clips of the celebration came on tv. My uncle looked at it and said, "You know, that's all for nothing. None of that even matters." I didn't ask him to elaborate since I already knew what he meant. But, I was thinking, "How is this for nothing?" The news showed a guy who was able to buy bananas at a market that he wouldn't have been able to do before. How does that not matter?

Sorry, I know it's off subject.

Thanks.

• dgp
    dgp

Mouthy, I am not where your relatives might knock at my door, but I will bear your post in mind when another witness knocks at my door.

doublelife, I am afraid your uncle is not aware of the meaning of that. At the time, I happened to live where that wall falling down did matter, and very much, to the point that we were not allowed to watch it on TV. There was no way they could prevent us from knowing it had happened, however. And I don't find your post off-topic. The Communist also have their Governing Body, their dogmas, their Holy Fathers, their hounders (thank you, WTWizard; the KGB), and their intolerance of anyone else. They also sweep their problems under the rug. The people are also told that they are happier than anyone else, while everyone knows that is simply not so. They also ask you to die for a lie. And, there's the feeling that you can't trust your own spouse because he or she might turn you in if you happen to disagree with the official line. The parallels are just there.

How does it feel to know that you can speak your mind? That's the difference.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You give us a chance to love you, and to be truly human to you, instead of

"slamming our doors in your faces"...

We did the same to you..

When you came Trick or Treating on Halloween..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• kriptonian7
    kriptonian7

We did the same to you..

When you came Trick or Treating on Halloween..

by outlaw:

LOL my mom used to give them the little pamphelets..She'd roll them up and put a rubber band around them so they thought it was something it wasnt i guess.

We had a parent come to our house once the next day telling her not to push her religion on her children. i look back on that now and realize how pissed i would be if someone was handing our religious paraphanalia to my child as they went out. but I still found it kind of funny. The kids were so confused.

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

lovely post man :)

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Thank you dgp that makes me me feel so good, it brings tears to my eyes.

I was born into the borg and for so long i felt isolated, confussed & pissed off in the later years, depression set in during my mid 30s & now I am 50 and I still find it difficult to relate to non jw sometimes.

My only regret is I didn't get out in my teens when I really started to believe it wasn't the truth.

thank you dgp

Kevin

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

OUTLAW

you always make me laugh

thank you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit