Negative Ads.

by bobld 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

Lately the A/W mags have a lot of negative ads about other religions:EX."Exposed six myths about christianity" or "How can you choose a good religion" on and on and on all negative stuff.You would thing an election is going on with all the mud slinging.How we are better than you.

Also all the awake articles are food for the Dr.phil and Oprah shows ie.Depression,alcohol,working,wealth,money,etc,etc

Bob

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They do not tell you that the Washtowel Slaveholdery shares most of those bad traits. They bash the Catholic church for their pedophile problem, yet the witlesses have an even worse one. They bash other religions for passing the collection plate (some multiple times), yet they hound people to put money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes and sometimes even hand out pledge forms for projects. They tell us that other religions teach lies, yet the witlesses teach the Head Lie of them all (that we were all born deserving damnation). They tell about other religions that lack love, yet the witlesses themselves show no mercy.

And, even though I would not join a church for the belief system, most of those churches do have programs that do some good to the community (albeit inefficiently). The witlesses have none--everything is about getting everyone to become witlesses.

• glenster
    glenster

From the earliest fame of Russell, the claim of being the spokesman for a
    literal 144,000 has always partly meant defining it by propagandizing against
    everyone else that disagrees with the claim (practically everybody).

• parakeet
    parakeet

How we are better than you.

That's the WTS mantra. Some are superior to others because they succeed. Some, too lazy to try, attempt to create a false superiority by belittling others.

• sir82
    sir82

That's the MO of most fundamentalist religions: "We're right, you're wrong, and if you don't change, God is going to kill/torture you."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Lately the A/W mags have a lot of negative ads about other religions

What do you mean lately?

• No Longer Held Captive
    No Longer Held Captive

Too true Kaiser. Always condemning someone else, but never pointing that highly perceptive finger at themselves, never going to the mirror and taking a long hard look.

I have never ever seen any boards on anti any other religion the way I have seen with jws, have you ever thought about that? and its not people on the outside condemning it, but its coming from people on the inside and those that were on the inside, so the wbts cant say" its the world, it hates us,...persecution, presecution".

If they would take a long hard look, listen to what real bible scholars are saying, listened to people in their ranks, then maybe they could progress, but that wont happen, they want to dig their heels in, but as you know pride comes before the crash, and what a crash it will be for them, and they could never say that no one said "I told you so".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit