The futility of buying things for your cat or dog

by Elsewhere 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have two cats and from time to time I feel like buying them a toy or a scratching post.

As all pet owners know, any "toy" you buy for your pet will be ignored while the pet will spend weeks playing with the box the toy came in.

Recently I've been having trouble getting my two cats to use their scratching post (instead of the couch and carpet) and to sleep on a "kitty bed" instead of my favorite chair. Both ventures have been utter failures until tonight.

By chance I happened to buy a cheap little cloth mat to put at my back door so I don't track in mud after working in the back yard. This mat is nothing special and is actually quite cheap ($5). I put it down in front of the back door (indoors) and not two minutes later both of my cats were laying on it and using it as a scratching post.

lmao

Hell... if they want to sleep on and scratch up the $5 door mat, they are more than welcome to!

• Satanus
    Satanus

My cat scratches on a piece of carpet that i screwed to the side of a cabinet. It was easy to get her started. To get her off on the right paw, i showed her how to do it.

S

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

I heard someone say that cats hate citrus and that you can get a citrus spray at the pet shop to spray on the furniture that will make them ignore it. Wish I knew it really worked, I'd buy a case of it.

Ada

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

This was certainly enjoyable to read. Thank you for the laughter

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

ElseWhere..

They like how it smells and the texture..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit