Hey Aussies, I got a Postie!

by SixofNine 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Is it true that these are still used as postal vehicles in Australia? If so, is it just in rural areas?

Can you buy these new at Honda dealerships in Australia?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Six! You be careful! Wear that helmet, and stay off the freeways!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'll wear a helmet, but I'm not staying off the freeways (no one really needs to travel faster than 48 mph)

gratuitous postie pic:

• Robdar
    Robdar

Nice one!

• Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Hey, I used to be a postie! They started out as CT90s, but got upgraded to CT110s. Jeez, the mail I used to carry on those things, it was a wonder it went at all! The young fellas used to wheelstand those babies!

They still use them for mail delivery in the suburbs, well, in Queensland anyway. I didn't think the public could buy them from Honda, plenty of secondhad ones, though. I bought one for my son.

Gave up being a postie 10 years ago this month. Got my long service leave, had 12 months off, courtesy of John Howard! Good time, good mates!

YOu got a good bike there, you couldn't kill it if you beat it with a stick!

Beachwalker

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Hey, I used to be a postie! They started out as CT90s, but got upgraded to CT110s.

Cool; I didn't reckon I'd get an answer from an actual postie. Mine is the CT110. I have seemed to kill it though :( I think it just needs a carb rebuild from age and lack of use). Cheers

• zagor
    zagor

Naa mate, we use kangaroos for that, too many of them anyway and besides they use less fuel than a bikey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit