The Name of the Lord

by RGomeh 9 Replies latest jw friends

• RGomeh
    RGomeh

Hi:

I found this information from much research, thought I would share it with you.

( Hello: I don't know quite how to tell you this, so here it is.... I went to the "Biblegateway" website and looked in ( ACTs 2:21 ) where it said

( ACTs 2:21' AND IT SHALL BE THAT ( A )EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.' ) and then I went to ( http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/index.htm ) and it said ( Acts 2: 21: And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved."’ ) ..... I looked at ( Romans 10:1-21 "Biblegateway" ) and also found the same thing... ( Romans 10 (New American Standard Bible) ROM 10:13 for "( S ) WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED." and at ( http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/index.htm ) Romans 10:13 it says ( 13 For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved." ).

I would like to point out that the "Name of the Lord" is JESUS... , which means that the Jehovahs witnesses are wrong and need to redo their website and their Bible if it has the same "error". I think I know why their bible has this 'error' in it, may be I'm crazy but didn't they predict the end of the world a few times? The Scripture says if I'm not wrong, 'No one knows the last Day, not the angels in heaven nor the Son, only God'..... This may be one of their problems.... I wish them the best of luck fixing the problem... The world needs all the upright people it can get. Best Regards.

Reference:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts+2:21&version=NASB

Acts 2:21 (New American Standard Bible)

Acts 2:21 (New American Standard Bible)

21' AND IT SHALL BE THAT ( A )EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF "THE LORD" WILL BE SAVED.'

Cross references:

Acts 2:21 : Rom 10:13

Acts 2:20-22 (New American Standard Bible)

Acts 2:20-22 (New American Standard Bible)

21 'AND IT SHALL BE THAT (V) EVERYONE WHO CALLS ON THE NAME OF "THE LORD" WILL BE SAVED.'

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans+10:13&version=NASB

Romans 10:13 (New American Standard Bible)

13 for "( A )WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF "THE LORD" WILL BE SAVED."

Cross references:

Romans 10:13 :

Romans 10:12-14 (New American Standard Bible)

Romans 10:12-14 (New American Standard Bible)

13 for "( D )WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF "THE LORD" WILL BE SAVED."

Passage results:

Romans 10 (New American Standard Bible)

Romans 10 (New American Standard Bible)

Romans 1013 for "( S )WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF "THE LORD" WILL BE SAVED."

Acts 2:21 (English Standard Version)

Acts 2:21 (English Standard Version)

21 And it shall come to pass that( A ) everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

Cross references:

Acts 2:21 : Rom 10:13; Acts 16:31

Acts 2 (English Standard Version)

Acts 2 (English Standard Version)

21 And it shall come to pass that(

X ) everyone who calls upon the name of "the Lord" shall be saved.'

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/index.htm

Acts 2:1-47

And everyone who calls on the "name of Jehovah" will be saved."’

http://www.watchtower.org/e/bible/index.htm

Romans 10:1-21

For "everyone who calls on " the name of Jehovah" will be saved."

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Welcome! If you do a little more research you will see this is an XJW site. You will find some of us agree with you.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Welcome. This is a deliberate mistranslation by the JWs to magnify the use of the word Jehovah. The translation committee knew full well that the YHWH was never there in the oldest NT manuscripts, but put it there arbitratily.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The Wt uses the following reason/excuse to use Jehovah instead of "lord" In Romans 10:13, it is a direct quote from Joel, the issue is that PAUL makes it very clear in the verse preceeding 10:13 that, in his view, the Lord is Jesus, he says so plainly in 10:9

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The WT blatantly change that and use the OT as an excuse to take away from what is rightly Jesus's role in the New Covenant, that of our Lord and Savour.

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Many (most?) of the folks here also know/believe that the name "Jehovah" originated from a translator's error almost 700 years ago and that Yahweh is more precise.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, many of us here are no longer JWs because we disagree with the Watchtowers theocratic doctrine and twisted scriptures. If you really want an eye-opener ... compare JOHN 1:1 with ESV and NWT.

Welcome and feel free to share your thoughts.

• Chalam
    Chalam

The WT, in translation kurios not as Lord but inserting "Jehovah" create a contradiction in Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:13

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Now Acts 4:12 is totally clear, there is only one name by which we may be saved and it is Jesus.

These agree, the name of Jesus is THE name Philippians 2:9 Ephesians 1:21

So the JW is left with a dilemma, the NWT says there is one name by which we may be saved (Jesus) and then goes on to name another name to call upon to be saved (Jehovah).

This is all because of the false insertion of "Jehovah" in the NWT New Testament. It should not be there, the word means "Lord"! There is not a single original manuscript or fragment of one to support the WT claim that "Jehovah" was removed.

Blessings,

Stephen

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Yes, the JWs have changed a number of scriptures to back up their doctrine. Bloody sneakersons.

• highdose
    highdose

wow! love the post but man! enough already with the red text, really difficult to read

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks for that. I thought his name was Allah. Silly me. Born in the wrong country, I guess. Shall I send you my detonators?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit