Glass of wine

by Newborn 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

To my friends who enjoy a glass of wine... And those who don't and are always seen with a bottle of water in their hand.
    As Ben Franklin said:
    In wine there is wisdom,
    In beer there is freedom,
    In water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials,
    Scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 litre of water each day, At the end of the year we would have absorbed More than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. Coli) - bacteria Found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop..

However,
    We do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) Because alcohol has to go through a purification process Of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.
    Remember:
    Water = Poop,
    Wine = Health.
    Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid,
    Than to drink water and be full of shit
    .There is no need to thank me for this valuable information: I'm doing it as a public service!

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm an avid red wine drinker!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Loubelle

• eddie c
    eddie c

Cheers.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The vast majority of the E. coli you will come into contact with is harmless to you. It is an indicator. If it is present, there may be dangerous nasties present as well, but usually not. The danger is overblown. You know the story.... scare the sh1t out of you and sell you the solution.

Wine does not go through a boiling process.

Beer usually does, but contamination can occur after boiling and bacterial contamination can cause a buggy taste and/or vinegar. I don't know of any pathogens associated with beer, but I don't know everything. I have given up trying to make beer because I always manage to grow enough Acetobacter aceti to make it taste like vinegar.

Nothing nasty survives a trip through a still. That isn't why I have had one for the past 25 years. I just like the product. I am sampling some now.

Cheers

Chris

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I'll drink to that cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit