A dark and stormy night.....my first haloween eve

by SnakesInTheTower 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I sit here at my computer alone because I had to work too late to go trick or treating with my fiancee and her 8 year old son. Instead I am home to man the handing out of candy.... but for the last 90 minutes..no one...for you see...I live in the 'Hood...or at least the borderline to the hood...

Most of the kids, like my soon to be step son, go to the nicer historic neighborhoods with all the cool displays and great candy...so instead I am eating snickers bars...lol.

I did have my first carved pumpkin..supposed to be a crow on a branch, but I messed up the template...managed to salvage it I think:

Snakes (Rich )

• asilentone
  • asilentone
    asilentone

It is Halloween tomorrow night!

• WT=watchtrouble
    WT=watchtrouble

you still here snakesinthetower, how the heck have u been. Didn't your user name be sankesinthetower??

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

asilentone:

It is Halloween tomorrow night

let me explain..in our town, the trick or treating is the night before Haloween because on Haloween night there is a huge parade downtown and no one is home and no one is trick or treating...

wt:

Didn't your user name be sankesinthetower

yes, and thankfully early on it was corrected for me....it was a typo when I registered, not a different user name. got a lot of Sanka coffee jokes though...lol

Snakes (Rich )

• penny2
    penny2
    on Haloween night there is a huge parade downtown

Sorry you missed out Snakes, but hopefully you'll be enjoying yourself at the parade.

Nothing much happens here for Halloween - there was a plea in the local newspaper for parents not to let their kids knock on doors of complete strangers.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I didnt see ANY kids tonight who werent accompanied by adults. I was actually very pleased to see that there seemed to be some caution being taken.

And I handed out prepackaged candy in a prepackaged barrel they could pick out of themselves so the parents could see that the stuff wasnt being handled by anybody but their kids.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit