"Won without a word"

by Beachwalker 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Beachwalker
  • Beachwalker
    Beachwalker

Sorry, pressed the wrong button!

OK, my rant - "won without a word" isn't that the biggest load of hogwash! I was reading a previous post about it being OK to hit your wife. The scenario is usually an 'unbelieving mate' being won without a word.

This is where I realised my ex was a hypocrite in a cult full of hypocrites. I was emotionally abused, and on one occasion hit, by my so-called 'believing' mate. Where was Jehovah's spirit then? I realised that I didn't want to be a hypocrite, and that's why I stopped going.

I realised that the term means that you lead by example, but even if you put up with being treated like sh**, the other bad examples of the jdubs will outweigh your little contribution, don't you think?

Most 'worldly' people will think you are just stupid staying with somebody who hits you, they won't think that you are noble!

OK, rant over ;-)

Beachwalker

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I'll go for that. I don't see Jesus telling a woman to stay with a punk who hits her. And that is what a woman beater is....a punk. I wonder why people think that Paul meant to put up with being beaten to win over an unbelieving mate when all he said was to show your mate the behavior of one led by the Spirit.....

• meangirl
    meangirl

AMEN!!!!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I think the usual advice for husbands from the WTBTS is to 'love your wives as your own bodies' but this is always 'overlooked or condoned' by the WTBTS..

Abuse comes in many forms

• Emotional
    • Mental
    • Physical
    • Sexual

AND ABSOLUTLY NONE OF IT IS OK!

There are just as many cases of men being abused by their wives as there is wives being abused by their husbands- sadly the women perpetrators are not noticed at large by society.... neither party should stay in an abusive relationship and the perpetrator of the abuse should be reported to the proper authorities- police, courts etc...... cause the WTBTS will not do anything about it- they are only concerned with making the outside of the cup look clean!

• stillin
    stillin

my wife goes into angry frenzies and hits me with her fists. It doesn't hurt and usually I make sure that she hits my head really hard and bruises her hand so she'll remember what she's done. I never hit her, it wouldn't be right. Even if she cut me with a knife, I'd handle her very carefully, like maybe just sit on her until she calms down, The elders know about her, but they have never spoken with her about it. I'm just glad that she's such a wimp or my happy marriage would have been over years ago.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

How is anyone going to win their mate without a word like that? And, staying together despite physical abuse in order to win one's spouse into the cancer is stupid--especially since the main reason to do this is to make leaving that much harder if you ever realize that it is a scam.

I would like to see what would happen if, for every hit a spouse had to take from an "unbeliever" in an attempt to win this one into the scam, I would put up one Christmas decoration in the Kingdumb Hell (that would have to be left up). The size and magnitude of the decoration is directly proportional to the degree of the abuse. At that rate, I am sure the Kingdumb Hell would soon have so many decorations inside that people would not fit, plus a great big Santa complete with sleigh and reindeer on the roof, a Nativity scene on the front lawn, and tons of candy canes and strings of lights everywhere they could be run. And I bet the hounders wouldn't like that one little bit (nor would the hounder-hounder). Yet, they tolerate the abuse without taking any action.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit