VIDEO: Albert Einstein kid discussing about god at school...

by Albert Einstein 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Actually it is a Macedonian commercial supporting return of religion lessons to schools.

BTW, this "famous" story about little Albert Einstein (my grandpa ) is not considered likely to happen... AE as a kid was shy and did not really talk about god and spiritual issues...

But what do you think about the discussion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S8_2tCivuc&feature=player_embedded

Albert

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I couldn't help but notice that no one in the video even attempted to address the question of whether or not a supernatural deity (god) exists.

If so, which deity... or even how many? (I have an encyclopedia of deities which describes over 11,000 different deities)

What are the measurable properties of this deity?

What sort of instrumentation is used to measure the properties of the deity thereby proving it exists?

Another interesting fact: Albert Einstein was not religious and did not believe in the existence of a "personal" god. At the very least, he was a humanist, possibly even an Atheist.

This commercial is deceptive and full of out-right lies. This commercial is an excellent example of WHY religion should remain out of the classroom.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Another interesting fact: Albert Einstein was not religious and did not believe in the existence of a "personal" god. At the very least, he was a humanist, possibly even an Atheist.

Religious fanatics like to do the same thing with Isaac Newton. They believe that by associating their own views with a famous "smart person" (no matter how far removed or different the actual opinions of that person are) they somehow prove their argument.

It's an easy argument to make, despite its faults. For this reason, I think we will be seeing it for a long time...

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

There is a Snopes Article on this.

I think the more interesting question is why do religious people think it's OK to make up these sorts of lies? Where are their morals? Is "spiritual warfare" (lying for Jesus) common in all religions and not just JWs?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

This commercial is an excellent example of WHY religion should remain out of the classroom.

Elsewhere - very true...

They believe that by associating their own views with a famous "smart person" (no matter how far removed or different the actual opinions of that person are) they somehow prove their argument.

DS - fits perfectly on WT....

Missing: Thanks for the link

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit