Do you know of any JW that made another JW to lose their job?

by asilentone 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• asilentone
  • blondie
    blondie

You mean a jw supervisor firing a jw employee for just cause?

• asilentone
    asilentone

Blondie, it can be any example, tell me about it.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, my JW wife worked for an older JW couple who had a small business insurance company. They hired another JW brother to help run the company, but he secretly took the company from them - forced them out and sold the company off. My wife quit (before he could fire her) and a few weeks later the business was closed ... all because of greed and power.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I knew at least three people in the aviation business that were pretty much driven out of their jobs because of the elders - they were worried that the companies they worked for (like Grumman, McDonnel-Douglas, GE, etc.) were making "weapons of war".

Not that they were themselves- they were in the civilian commercial side of the business...but the company was.

Remember all the nonsense about whether you had to quit working at a convenience store if they sold cigarettes? Finally they said it was OK so long as it was not primarily a tobacco shop.

I know a couple others who got fired from witness businesses when they got disfellowshipped - kind of a nice double-whammy, there.

• oldseeker
    oldseeker

Follow this link:

http://sarakhaley.blogspot.com/2009/05/digg-these-links-about-mrt-services-to.html

MRT Services is/was owned by a JW couple. Shafted a lot of people both "worldly" and witnesses.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I once worked for a witness painting company back in the early 1980's.

They were what is called a "slop and mop" business, we would go into apartment complexes and paint the empty units.

We would paint 2-3 units a day !

Well, I also worked PT for several witnesses that had their own painting business, and everything had to be perfect, no drips, wrinkles, holes,

or spots.

Anyway, while working for bro. slop, crew members would do alot of talking about their pioneering, talks, and service expiriences.

My wife just had a baby and I was more interested in making sure they were fed, and had a roof over their heads.

Service stories were the last thing on my mind.

There was an elder who ran the crew, (bro. full of himself) who didn't like the fact that I wasn't as spiritually minded as other employee's

so after two weeks of painting with them this guy told the witness owner (who was a drinker and abused his wife ) That I wasn't doing very well

Never mind that I had been painting for over two years with two other bro.'s PT who enjoyed having me work with them

So they let me go one morning. And the thing that burned me to no end was bro. full of himself didn't even have the courtesy to say anything to me ! He just loaded up the van,, watched me leave, and continued mixing the paint.

It must be more important to have spiritually encouraging things to say during work than being concerned with a young family !

Dam that was a discouraging time for me working only for the witnesses

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have had that attempted on me. I got a job at Big Boys, and someone made the comment that a church owned the chain (which was probably a lie, and even if they did, I was working in a non-religious setting). They wanted me to quit my job for this, and pio-sneer.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

I guess this is a little different twist. There was this sister in our congregation that went back to school ( yeah) and wanted a job where I worked when she graduated . I told her to wait because if she got one more certification she would make another $4 an hour. In the meantime I helped her with her resume, got her an application, bought her a nice graduation gift and sent a letter of introduction and recommendation to the HR department. Then just as she was ready to apply the company advertised a $5000 sign on bonus for anyone who applied with an in house referral, so I told the sister put my name down as the referral source and I'll give you the money (they were about to loose their house) just take us out to dinner to celebrate!

I asked her about it several months later (after her probationary period) said you know i haven't heard about the sign on bonus money. She said "Yeah, I talked about that with my husband (elder), we didn't think it was right".

To this day, I don't know why they deprived themselves of $5000 (that they desperately needed) or the pleasure of our company for dinner.

Nmka

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit