MORE On Transfused JW Newborn

by MadApostate 8 Replies latest jw friends

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

If this child survives, it should have an interesting life:

-Reared by family who decided to let it die.

-Reared in religion that said it should die.

-Must preach against medical treatment to which it owes its' life.

BRIGHT FUTURE AHEAD!!!

----------------------------------------

Baby gets transfusion despite objection

2001-12-29

By Ken Raymond

The Oklahoman

An infant boy born almost three months premature received a potentially life-saving blood transfusion Thursday night over the objections of his parents, whose religious beliefs forbid certain medical techniques.

He was in critical condition Friday.
    The boy, weighing 1 1/2 pounds after 25 weeks in the womb, was born earlier this week at OU Medical Center and was in "desperate need" of a transfusion, a hospital worker said.

His parents, including his mother Mali Prougue, 20, would not approve the procedure because of their religious beliefs as followers of the Jehovah's Witness faith.

Medical workers took the matter to the Oklahoma County district attorney's office, which secured a court order placing the child in the custody of the Oklahoma Department of Human Services.
    The boy received the transfusion between 6 and 8 p.m. Thursday.

"The physicians and the hospital respect the rights of parents to make decisions for themselves regarding blood transfusions," hospital spokesman Allen Poston said, "but the baby doesn't have the ability to speak and to make those decisions for himself.

"This has nothing to do with religious persecution ... but we have the obligation to take care of this baby to the best of our ability."

Poston said the court order is not intended to separate the parents from their baby.

"At no time has the family been restricted from being able to see their child," he said, "and we don't foresee that happening any time in the near future."

Poston said the child would not have survived long enough to get the transfusion if not for recent advances in neonatal technology, including heated beds that prevent newborns from wasting energy generating body heat and drugs that keep the lungs from collapsing.

"He's got a long way to go," Poston said.
    "He's got a lot of hurdles to cross over."

• Scully
    Scully

25-week preemie...... scary working with them....

he does indeed have a long road ahead of him, notwithstanding the emotional trauma he's going to have when his parents explain to him that they, their religion, and their god would have preferred that he died without a blood transfusion, than for him to have lived with one.... that's tough baggage for a kid to grow up with.

I cannot say this enough:

I AM SO DAMN GLAD TO BE OUT OF THAT F*CKING CULT!

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The story pisses me off, and I agree with Scully.

That kid is definitly going to have some issues.

ashi

• moman
    moman

A least the baby haz a chance, but what about the parents?
    What if they allow themselves to see "the truth about the TRUTH"? Can't imagine the HORROR knowing they almost killed their baby!

Thats why I say...DIE BORG DIE!!

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

You have to realize that the story will be presented to the child in a much different light than the one you're privy to.

He/she will be told that his'her body was violated in much the same fashion as a rape victim. The actions of his/her parents will be portrayed as a valiant, courageous, and completely selfless act in order to uphold God's indisputable admonition against blood transfusions.

Never underestimate the power of propaganda...look what it do to us!

• Hojon
    Hojon

Frenchy's right. No doubt the local elders will be telling the family how to raise the kid thinking he was "spiritually raped" by the "Worldly" doctors. If they have any kind of brains at all they won't even mention this to him, but I don't see that happening.

• Scully
    Scully
    Frenchy's right. No doubt the local elders will be telling the family how to raise the kid thinking he was "spiritually raped" by the "Worldly" doctors. If they have any kind of brains at all they won't even mention this to him, but I don't see that happening.

No matter how they handle it, even if they never mention it to the kid, he is going to have issues.

Everyone around him knows that he has someone else's "filthy", "disgusting", "unclean" blood coursing through his veins. They will treat him differently because they think he's "tainted", and he's going to notice it someday and want to know why.

And no matter how they present it to him, it's going to hurt. Big time.

Love, Scully

It is not persecution for an informed person to expose a certain religion as being false. - WT 11/15/63

• Hojon
    Hojon

Unfortunately that will be the case. You know, cause that's the loving thing to do, treat the kid like a monster.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Everyone around him knows that he has someone else's "filthy", "disgusting", "unclean" blood coursing through his veins. They will treat him differently because they think he's "tainted", and he's going to notice it someday and want to know why.

Of course every single witness who has taken a tetanus shot also has "unclean" blood coursing through his/her veins. But of course the Governing Body looks at that and calls it a so-called okay fraction.

People who make arbitrary rules to kill little children are sick and need to be stopped.

hawk

p.s. - Mad Apostate - I missed your url link for this article to verify it - do you have it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit