A sense of pride and new found confidence

by highdose 8 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

hey guys! i'm back from my first ever date with a non JW guy! I'll tell more about that later, but as i was on the way there i remembered about how i used to pray before meeting a JW date, ( none of which ever worked out) and i realised that not praying and not attributing everything good to god has really boosted my confidence and thereby my pride.

It means that whatever goes right in my life is down to me and my hard work. I do not have to attribute any good fortune to a god that decided to help me instead of some starving afraican orphan. This means that i and only I am in control of my life! i can't tell you what a confidence boost this is to me!

Anyway about my date... OMG! ( pardon the pun) think an increibly romantic setting, no stupid JW "chaperone in socail dub setting", hes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HOT! i mean H.O.T! when i think of the weeds i dated in the JW's! This guy would eat them for breakfast! i had a amazing time and not once was i asked or juged on my spirtual goals or if my father was a elder. i had a great time, unforgettable. I really wanted to snog him after, but i'm afraid i couldn't work up the courage, my only regret, Still theres always next time...

...and there will be a next time, because he wants to see me again!:)

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Congrats HighDose!!

• dgp
    dgp

My congratulations, highdose. You deserve the best in life. Keep going!

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

You still sound SURPRISED that he wants to see you again! LOL! dont be surprised honey...you have it going on and just dont know it yet :)

• ColdRedRain
  • Casper
    Casper

Congrats !!!

So Happy for you, same happened for me after leaving the witnesses, I ended up marrying mine...

Wishing you the best.

Cas

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

How wonderful! I've been meaning to message you to see how it went! So glad to hear it went well and you'll be seeing him again!! So, describe him for us!

• highdose
    highdose

ok think think of the body of arnold swazenger with the face of brad pitt and you'd be right!:) but really sweet and humble.... awww;)

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Yum! Sounds like a catch! Where did you meet him? How old is he? What does he do for work? Sorry to sound like your parents with all the questions...lol. Just sharing in your excitement, and living through you of course!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit