Demons, Bibles, and Magazines Oh Ya and Movies

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

So my son watched the movie. "Paranormal Activity". He told me and his still believing mom about it and she went into a long couple of hours talking about how the demons abused their family during the 60's and 70's and also during a short period during the 1980's and 1990's when her divorced mom and little sister were living alone.

She told him all about how the demons flee when you read the Psalms because they have JEHOVAH in them. Only Jehovah's name can make them stop. She even reminded him of when the demons were bothering his older brother how she just opened the Bible to Psalms and left it in his room and the demons stopped bothering him. Never once did she mention JESUS in any of this.

The part that made me interrupt her was when she told him about when her little sister's friend forgot a little necklace with a cross and a saint on it in her room how the room was all wavy and furniture flying around. So her and her mom ran in with Washtowel and Asleep magazines and threw them around the room and the demons fled. Now my wife is chronically ill and bed ridden most of the time so I didn't want to upset her, but I did ask how she thought the magazines worked. She told me that her dad (a former elder) had told her years ago how the magazines were inspired by the Holy spirit and carried with them the same powers of truth as the Bible.

I remember how the brothers in the 70's used to say that the new scrolls spoken of in the Bible were going to be the Watchtowers. Does anyone else remember this sort of glorification of the magazines?

• highdose
    highdose

i've just read this, and i'm sorry but it sounds utterly nutty! im not saying it isn't true, in fact it sounds very true, exactly the sort of thing JWs belive. but to someone normal who is now out, it sounds totaly CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• VIII
    VIII

There were always stories like this. And they are nutZ. Might as well believe that demons come out of your computer when you go on Apostate websites.

Oh, but they believe that too. Or, if you watch The Exorcist, you'll walk out demonized.

Crazy. Demons, which don't exist, wouldnt' be frightened off by a magazine or reading of Psalms.

Regarding websites, why would a demon come through your computer when s/he could just fly through the window? Do demons like high speed or telephone lines for transportation? Is one better than the other?

Can demons transport through an iPhone?

• Chalam
    Chalam

JWs unfortunately believe what the WT tell them instead of what the bible says :(

Matthew 7:22 Mark 9:38 Mark 16:17 Luke 9:49 Luke 10:17 Philippians 2:10

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit