Best way to create DVD slideshows

by AK - Jeff 4 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I noticed the thread on Win 7, and thought with all the techs who hang around here, perhaps I could throw this one out.

I run Win XP. I just want a simple software that will let me create picture slideshows that will play on my DVD Player for my TV. I have Nero - it has a VCD option, but no DVD option. I have Windows Movie Maker - same problem. Windows Movie Maker tells me I can do it by first saving the show to HD, then burning it to DVD. It won't play, says Disc Error.

Finally, I found a free software called PhotoStage. It worked, but it is very manilla, for instance only allowing me to run a single audio file. Once that cut is over, another cannot be added, it just replaces it with the next audio clip you choose.

Are there any good free software programs for this? Why does WMM not allow a direct burn to DVD? I thought maybe I needed an update, but I didn't find any available.

Any thoughts?

Jeff

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I haven't tried any of the free programs. I use either Sony DVD Architect which came with Vegas Pro or Adobe Encore which came with my Adobe suite.

I found Sony's software a little more intuitive. While it's not free, at $39.95 it won't break the bank either.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/dvdastudio

W

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx FF.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Nero Vision does it. It comes with the Nero Premium pack.

Pope

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Two days of looking at 'free' ones that are not really. Then I stumble upon Microsoft Photo Story 3 [why did I not find this earlier?]. It does not send the slideshow directly to DVD however. But I found a free dvd burner that will do it once the presentation is created.

Geesshhh. I have a headache.

Thanx all for the ideas and suggestions.

Peace

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit