Coming Out

by freebird 3 Replies latest social relationships

• freebird
    freebird

So...here's the predicament.
    I'm inactive JW. Married with two small kids. I am finally coming to terms with the fact I am a Lesbian. I have been involved with a non-JW woman for about 6 months. My husband is aware for the most part of this and how I feel. I don't think I can continue to give him the things he needs/deserves. My entire family and most of my friends are JW. Any advice as to what to do next, how to make this easier?

I'm as free as a bird, and this bird you cannot change
    Lynyrd Skynyrd

• cellomould
    cellomould

Hi Freebird,

Put your kids' interests ahead of family's well meaning but judgemental interests.

I have only a subjective idea how the hubby really feels about this, but you can inquire directly. If you both can accept what's happening without remorse or blame, you will find a way to live happily. With or without romance (between you and hubby).

You're not evil or bad, but you will have a lot of doubts I am sure about why this is happening to you.

I have so little experience in these matters, but a great amount of sympathy. As your name suggests, you want to be free...

You will soon learn to enjoy the special way in which you love the people in your life. It may not be exactly what they expect from you, but trust yourself.

Keep us informed of how you are feeling and ((((welcome)))) <hugs!>
    again to the board.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Well i have never been in your situation, but I am bisexual and I know how hard it can be to come out to others. I still have people in my family that do not know. I think you have to live for yourself. You can still be there for your kids, but do not stay in a relationship that is not for you. It is hard to change things and be true to yourself. remember this. Accept yourself and others will accept you. Also remember you are beautiful child of the universe. :)

• BritBoy
    BritBoy

Freebird

As a Gay Ex JW, I have been a member of the ACB (A Common Bond) website for GLBT ex JW's for several years now. Email me and I shall put you in touch with them if you like.... also email me to chat about anything if you wish.

Brit xxxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit