switching congos

by rockmehardplace 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

spoke with a friend of mine and he was telling me of all the changes in his congo. said that at one time, the elder body was 95% white and 5% minority. now, it is 40/60. he said that they have had people who are moving into their congo because the larger percentage of the body is now made up of minorities. even one elder left his current congo to move into the new congo because there is some "color" in the body as the elder put it. does this happen in alot of congos? just thinking about how race was never an issue to jw's but the truth is, it really does play a large role in the congos.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have never come across any issue of race or colour , in all my years of association.....but then again, I am white so maybe I would not get to hear of it??

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I have not know of race being an issue either. Though I am white, I worked with other races in the body of elders with no problem.

What I saw that was more important was personal status / power within the congregation regardless of race.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit