Watchtower Ban In Russia Could Be Very Good

by metatron 9 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Currently, various groups are in trouble in Russia. And what is the nature of the emerging persecution? Here's an example:

http://www.freepress.org/departments/display/22/2007/2448

Note the quote about a possible lack of brutality, as existed under Lenin and Stalin. These incidents seem to be dominated by seizing property and breaking up meetings - not sending people into Siberian exile. This makes sense - the government of Russia is nationalistic, not idealogical.

So, what would the fallout of a ban on the Watchtower be?

Loss of buildings and property

Confiscation of literature and magazines

Breaking up public meetings, together with possible fines ( as happened to Baptists)

and

public exposure of obnoxious Watchtower doctrines and practises as the excuse for the persecution.

There is no point in talking about freedom of speech or freedom of religion. This is Russia we're talking about and any appeal by the Watchtower to European human rights authorities is going to be blunted by their past lying to these officials about blood transfusion and other matters. One might just as well wish for winning lottery numbers or perfect health. It isn't realistic.

I do not rejoice over individuals suffering but the rest looks like win - win! In regard to persecution in Russia, I don't see much discussion that we dealing with corrupt Russia, not the former Soviet Union - which makes a significant difference.

metatron

• B-Rock
    B-Rock

While we would all like to see the Watchtower discredited, I fail to see how a violation of human rights, including freedom of worship, could possibly be judged as a good thing.

BTS

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Individually I think it will have to build and feed the persecution complex...telling the JWs that they have the truth...the same as a spouse laying down the law would have that same effect..

• metatron
    metatron

A violation of human rights? Again, with the lack of reality.

Personally, I feel that I should be twenty years old again and have at least ten million dollars. Russia should be prosperous, free and healthy.

What we may be seeing here, is the perfect way to inhibit the Watchtower. Take away their money and fine them. Don't waste prison space on Witnesses.

Anyway, no one can stop them from praying to Jehovah as they wish - however, "preaching" will be reduced and that's a good thing.

metatron

• zombie dub
    zombie dub

i agree with IA - they will quote the "and you will be persecuted as I was" scripture and say it all shows they are the true relig.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you drain the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund, you will slow their ability to print out more littera-trash and spread the cancer into Nigeria. It will also make day to day operation of Kingdumb Hells more difficult, forcing them to cancel boasting sessions. Also, they should be allowed to look at legal information that pertains to pedophiles and other legal issues that might incriminate them of something far worse.

Publicizing the discrepancy between what they say at the a$$emblies and what they say in child custody cases, or what they say in the Showcase Washtowel or Asleep! rag and what they say in the Kool-Aid Washtowel or the Kingdumb Misery, will help. If people outside see this, there will be far fewer of them coming in from the streets. It has the same effect as apostate flyers spread through the territory: it will not stop the witlesses from wasting their time in field circus, but it will stagnate their attendance and ensure they get p*** poor results from it.

• metatron
    metatron

So, Joe Witness says to himself, "Wow, we're persecuted. That fufills Bible Prophecy!"

and then, what?

Does Joe give more of his unemployment check to the Watchtower? Does he attend more (reduced) meetings? Does he do any of this with any more consistency than before?

Was Joe unaware that Witnesses were persecuted? Even if Witnesses were warmly welcomed by every nation on earth, would they cease to believe they were persecuted?

We're talking about a fantasy driven mindset that thinks humans have only been here for 6K years and blindly ignores the 130 year reality of Watchtower prophetic failure. What difference do facts make? What difference does distant ( and often deserved) persecution make?

metatron

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yes, Metatron, I think Joe may very well do more now. He is scared and see what he perceives as positive proof that the end is claoser than ever.

• peacedog
    peacedog

bttt.

Great post.

• jonathan dough

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit