How can you help...

by IronHill 3 Replies latest jw friends

• IronHill
    IronHill

someone who still feels guilty about leaving the witnesses? I understand the guilt is something that is built in, inculcated so that no one even considers offending "God". But how can you break someone free from that hold?

How can you turn off the sounding alarm that goes off when they are confronted with anything that goes against their teachings? Cause we all know, that at that point no matter what you say, you've lost their attention...

Just wondering...

• Newborn
    Newborn

I think it's impossible to reason and talk anyone out of this brainwashing cult (I think we've all tried), they have to come to the conclusion themselves somehow...let's just hope they will...

/Newbonr

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

I agree with Newborn. I had to find it out on my own, despite all of the practical info my husband would mention to me. Sometimes, you can mention something like the UN/NGO issue and hope that a seed can get planted.

• IronHill
    IronHill

I have tried that QE, but the guilt is there. Honestly it's something i remember, but i wasn't being pushed to think this way, i did it for myself...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit