modern day adam

by Adrianoblue 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

hi there,

there is something really bugging me at the moment, and i`m feeling being on the verge of a big depression.

first of all excuse me for possibible language mistakes. english isn`t my native speech.

during my approx. 9 years as a jw (including the 2 years of bible study), i never had one single date with a sister!!! my local cong was located in a area far away from a big town. it felt like being at the ass of the world actually. well, anyway, the only potential hope i ever had during those years, was to meet someone at an assembly, which as most of you know, occurs 3 times a year. as an assembly came and went, and i didn`t succeed again, my selfesteem became even more lower than before. now i must admit, that i was a pretty shy guy at the time, so it was even harder for me.

now i`m not being selfpiity or so, actually things right now are working fine for me presently. i just i like to get this off my chest, because there is nobody who i can confess this to without feeling like a looser. i`ve been a former jw for about 5 years now, and i had one girlfriend since. thats a year ago now, and altough it lasted about 3 years, the last 1,5 years or so, i didn`t have much strong feelings for her in the end. i just had the feeling she wasn`t mrs right for me.

i dont want to get into much details about that relationship, in the end it just didn`t seem right.

now back into present day: although i have a lot more selfconfidence than i ever had before, and things are working alright for me (good job, positive thoughts etc.): i`m getting slighly anxious the last few days, that i might fall into that big black hole again i once was in.

the main reason for this is the fact that i believe to have many positive aspects others may not have: ok, i`m in my early 40ies so i`m not the youngest anymore, but i`ve heard around a few corners that i have good looks and i`m a kind gentleman type.

i go out on the weekends, been doing bodybuilding for many years and as i said i`ve changed my attitude and lifestyle completly. i once was a shy tall thin guy who woudn`t even establish eye contact with a female shop assistant without feeling embarresd.

ok, i`m still not an outgoing guy who would just walk up to somebobody and start a conversation. but at least i have more selfconfidence than i did in the past.

now you might ask yourself where my problem is. that`s exactly the reason why iM feeling on the verge! so apparently i have all theese good things, so why on earth is it so difficult for me to find mrs right??? why for heavans sake, even though i really try it my way, i dont succeed??? i`m frightend of loosing my selfconfidence again if something doesn`t occur whithin the next few months or so, i also know that this a phase, and i might feel ok again next week. but i`m fighting not to fall abck again, because i expirienced a depression once for many years, and i don`t consider going through hell again!

its so freaking strange.

sorry to bother you. it`s nice to know there are people and former jws who might know what i`m going through right now. i`ll keep you updated with my progression if you like.

thanks for reading. best regards from germany.

adrianoblue

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I see myself in what you write.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't know if they have it or something like it in Germany, but in the U.S., singles use eharmony with some success. You may want to try it, because women who share your interests and values will be matched to you, and then you'll have the opportunity to correspond and date.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

First, your English is fine and very readable.

To find women with similar values, find a place where you, and they, would hang out. If you have a new faith, try different churches. Maybe a library or a cat owner's club. Try to think of social events that would attract the type of woman you are looking for. For someone more active try hiking or a sports events. Walk a dog. Women always want to pet my dog and talk to me when I walk my dog. Borrow a dog if you don't have one. Above all, be patient. A good relationship, like a rose, takes time to unfold. Rushing it will destroy it.

I wish you the best.

• highdose
    highdose

nobody ever meets anybody at JW assmeblys, everyone sticks together in their little groups and gets barked at by the attendents to break it up and move on.

I don't know why they don't just get them all marching around the statium!

• nelly136
    nelly136

if you've been doing body building for a long time , just maybe you look a little unobtainable? get yourself some business cards with your number on, and if you make eye contact with any wiminz that apeal give em a card, it might just break the ice. (they may be too shy to ask or assume youre already married)

• Satanus
    Satanus

There's a lot to learn. Try the pua forums and sites. http://www.theattractionforums.com/advanced-techniques/

S

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

thank you all very much for nice comments. really great!

satanus, thank`s for the website. i`ll have a look at it soon. bye,, adrianoblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit