Coded Phone number for Kingdom Hall attendence.

by Joshnaz 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

I just learned the the Kingdom Halls have a coded phone number for listening in on the Sunday Meetings. For my area the phone number is 623-748-1908. When it asks you for the code dial 623293. You can enter the number of listeners and you are counted in attendance. I just wanted to let everyone here know and see what everyone's thought's were.

• PEC
    PEC

Can you enter zero for number of listeners?

Philip

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Good question PEC..I'll try Sunday and let you know.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

My Ex wrote the number and code for her KH on the cover of our phone book, but I'm not going to post it. Why encourage anybody to harass them by tying up the line (multi-line service is not cheap)? Why give the elders Brownie Points for artificially inflated attendance? How can I insist they leave me alone if I won't do the same for them? As I see it, these private numbers and codes are a case of "Do unto others..." Sure, there's a human instinct to get even with those who have hurt us--but we can rise above that, with the Lord's help.

GLT

• cattails
    cattails

No you can't enter 0 for listeners. I've tried.

Also the service at least at our congregation are provided by a company by the name of KHConf it was suggested by a CO that our congregation make use of it as we had so many elderly and impaired who were getting delivered cassette tapes.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

My ex-hall has that system. I actually give them kudos for doing it this way. When I used to do the sound, I'd always have to juggle tying in confused grandmothers and equally confused sick publishers who had troubles with calling back on the phone line. It was a two-step process that often didn't work, because everyone had to call in first and then call the tie-in number. Often people would just call into the tie-number, and they'd get the spot.

When I told the attendance lackey that I didn't know how many were listening because the people who called to request the tie-in line were pushed out of the way by people who simply went to the first available spot, I would get chewed out for not stopping them.

• PEC
    PEC

LOL @ GLT, don't you know there is no, Lord, God, Jehovah, Allah, FSM . . .

Philip

• Gregor
    Gregor

Phone?...I don't need no stinking phone!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

How quaint. I wonder why the IT people in that hall do not stream the audio on the net. It does not take a college degree to do that.

• PEC
    PEC

Because, the internet is Satan.

Philip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit