You know what I've noticed?

by sd-7 3 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

After reading that 'Assembly Survival Techniques' entry by KingAgag, I was reminded of all the great quotes I took from previous assemblies/conventions/impositions of Israelite rules on Christian congregation (meeting 3 times in a year--straight out of the OT). I noticed something about the programs.

Every concluding talk for every program shifts the focus to the faithful slave. The final talk at the convention referenced that term at least 8 times. "Pointed to 1914 as a marked year--they weren't sure what would take place." [Well...Russell sure was. He published very specific things he said would take place...] "Some" weren't sure what would happen.

Faithful slave-1922--house-to-house work made mandatory (for everyone except Rutherford) "You may be sitting here today because of someone at the 1922 convention." (Wish I had a time machine...)

1925--Birth of a Nation article--organizational concept created. (ie. Organization=God)

"Despite warnings of faithful slave about the end of the Gentile Times, world rulers paid no heed." Maybe because they knew you were a bunch of crackpots, unlike those of us in the audience?

"Four horsemen began their ride in 1914." Really? Don't see a specific year in my Bible.

World War II--"many" of God's people expected it to be the end of the system. By "many", they shift the blame to the rank-and-file, not Rutherford who was about to die.

'Faithful slave identifies the harlot in Revelation 17" as every other religion. Churches dwindling (we're not doing so hot either, you know, as the religion with the highest turnover in the country and all...)

607 B.C.E. date mentioned--wrong date, but again imprinted on our minds.

At the end of the talk, the chairman said that this was "overwhelming evidence that the faithful slave is keeping on the watch." There was overwhelming evidence, alright, but not of that.

"Is this not Babylon the Great that I have created with the dignity of my might?" (Paraphrasing Daniel 4) Nebuchadnezzar glorified himself and his own accomplishments and was humbled for it. Jesus warned that he who exalts himself will be humbled. Does the slave behave like a slave, truly give credit to God? Or does it boast of its own accomplishments? It wasn't until I woke up that I realized how high on themselves they really are. And how vastly unchristian that kind of attitude is. They simultaneously manage to put on mock humility AND get us to believe they have special powers.

[[Well, I needed a moment to share those thoughts, even though this is too long. I'm going back into the Borg to fight 'em. I'm surprised about the Thought Police--for people who claimed they wanted to meet with me, and that was like, what, a week, maybe even two weeks ago, how come they haven't called? Even R&F that I never gave my number to have called by now.

Marrying into the Borg is a suicide mission, which I've volunteered for. She takes issue with the fact that I've had a bone to pick with my big brother--MS/regular pioneer, perfect elder material (since he's a pain-in-the-behind). The dude slandered her and insulted her when I first tried to date her--she herself wanted to go to the elders about it! I lost her and 5 good years of my life waiting for her on account of him and people like him. So yeah, I'm not inclined to want to hang out with the guy. He's got his life, I've got mine--and now that I know what's going on, I see that he did all that to me for nothing. Which helps him even less. But you know, I don't care so much anymore. I just don't feel anything now--the Borg took all that compassion and goodness and made it immoral. So I dispensed with it when that became necessary.

But I'll figure it out. Hope you all are doing okay, all things considered. Take care.]]

SD-7

• greenie
    greenie

Goodness SD-7! It was a long post but a good one! Sometimes it's nice just to vent. Your wife is still a JW? Good luck with everything!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

SD-7, my dear friend, I really wish you wouldn't go back into the borg. I'm afraid that in a year or two, you'll be back here lamenting that your dear wife wants to leave you for not being a "proper spiritual head" and/or for failing to make princeship elder. Please think about this some more. Between your beloved's background, (of which we've spoken at great length) and your in depth knowledge of the truth about the "truth", I'm certain you can help her out of the cult before you two get married.

• leftchica
    leftchica

you should never lie about who you are and by pretending just for the sake of your wife and current situation you are only digging a hole for yourself. marrying her while you believe one thing and she belives another is not a good idea...at all! you will never be happy. trust me..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit