A slightly different daily text!!

by jterfehr 4 Replies latest jw friends

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

God also said, 'Look, to you I give all the seed-bearing plants everywhere on the surface of the earth, and all the trees with seed bearing fruit; this will be your food.'

Would this mean that we can partake of "all the seed-bearing plants" as this would be 'your food'?

Genesis 1:29 New Jerusalem Bible

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Genesis 1:29 King James Bible

This translation is even better 'herb bearing seed'.

Spark up brothers, Jah has given us..........................

Marijuana

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day jterfehr,

Stoke it, smoke it, cone it till yer head spins lethargic. God gave us all sorts of shit but you won't find me snorting coke or sticking leaf up my nose. Abraham mighta got stoned on camel dung but that don't make it cool.

I used to be liberal about drugs till i saw first hand how addicts behave. Happy baccy becomes thier whole focus and lives become pathetic and wasted. Life to me too wonderful and sacred to be sacrificed to the Gods of others. Thanks but no thanks ..

uncle ultra mild tobacco, passing the bong to the paranoid in the scitzoid suit.

• cellomould
    cellomould

yeah unclebruce good point,

casestudy : if I were Odysseus I would have stayed with the hot babe (forget her name) over the lotus eaters anyday. all they did was get high all day.

on second thought, what about Aldous Huxley's Brave New World? Women and soma and no hangover the next day...Now that I like!

cellosmoker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

• RR
    RR

I don't drink or smoke, my father use to own a bar, a lot of our customers were vets. When their checks came in, they just handed it over to my father. I saw so many lives destroyed because of people drinking and drugging, and I vowed NEVER to be like that!

• jterfehr
    jterfehr

Ah, as I expected the usual government fed anti marijuana propaganda. But my friends, I entreat you...

The purpose of my "daily text" was not to discuss the dangers of 'abuse' of drugs or alcohol, but rather to open a discussion on the bibles view of such. As we all know, over indulging in anything is detrimental. Cases in point:

1. If we eat too much, we become fat and release a host of negative health effects on ourselves.
    2. If we are "sex addicts" we ruin our families, and cause numerous sociatal problems.
    3. If we work too much, we ruin our bodies, our relationships (but have lots of money!!)

So I ask you, would a balanced viewpoint be appropriate?

Is it wrong to drink a glass of wine? Most would argue, NO! However, we all know that too much wine can be a problem. So, shall we ban all alcohol like in the 30's? It didn't work then. And it doesn't work today with Marijuana.

The reality is, there are many (although you won't know it by looking at them) balanced, reasonable users of marijuana. These people are not the normal 'hey dude, yeah man' type of smokers. They are business men, doctors, lawyers and such. They live in the closet as to marijuana because of the laws in society. I could go on for hours about the study's on marijuana, and it supposed negative effects, but I digress. This is about the Bible. So for the purpose of this argument forget what you think you know about its dangerous (reefer madness) effects on humans.

Does the bible condemn its use?
    Does the bible make it clear that all plants are for our use, and would that include Marijuana?

As to the other side of the argument (dangers) I am more than happy to start a new topic on that. But, this site seems to have a biblical/religious theme, and I will try to stick to it.

PS If you want to argue that the act of "smoking" marijuana vs. eating it is bad for you check out the link below from Dr. Dean Edell.

http://www.healthcentral.com/drdean/deanfulltexttopics.cfm?ID=56926&storytype=DeanQuestions

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit