"The day that changed the world"?

by philo 5 Replies latest jw friends

• philo
    philo

I saw a brilliant C4 programme on UK TV tonight "The day that changed the world?". It gave opinions on developments since September 11th(alas there is no page to link to). Whether you have seen it or not: Any views on this?

Has the world changed?

philo

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well if the media keeps on saying "the world has changed....the world has changed".
    And if we all keep parroting "the world has changed...the world has changed"
    I guess we will all believe it soon enough.
    Has this incident supposedly made us all CONSCIOUS of the fact that we are not "safe" from "terrorists"? That, therefore, in the interests of public safety, terrorists must be stamped out.
    I do not believe we are any less safe than we have ever been.

To clarify.
    Do I think Terrorists should be allowed to kill thousands of innocent people? Certainly not.
    I think Osama has allowed George Junior an opportunity to show what a big strong man he is.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I saw a brilliant C4 programme on UK TV tonight "The day that changed the world?".

Sigh. Everyone wants to be a prophet, even TV shows.

Fact is, the world changes every time a butterfly flaps its wings, or a gnat farts.

Farkel, who wonders if gnats actually do fart...

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• Flip
    Flip

"The day that changed the world"

The world's the same, it's just that events that were once easier to ignore, are now in our 'face'.

Flip

• neyank
    neyank

Hi philo,
    I don't think the events of Sept.11 has changed the world.
    I believe it has made us more alert to the dangers around us here in the US.

But these things have been going on thruout the world for awhile.
    I think we have now joined the rest of the world in dealing with these kinds of things.

neyank

• sf
    sf

How else does one or a collective "one" start anew? It would SEEM "one" must totally and completely "topple" the nerve center of the FreeWorld. So it would SEEM.

sKally, who wonders if "Farkel's" really do farT (it would only stand to Reason)

wcrestnpeace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit