The Blood Issue-My Exchange with a JW

by maputo95 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maputo95
    maputo95

Dear All

Please free to comment on the exchange below, I am having with an ex-JW who is thinking of returning to the WTBTS after being inactive for 30 years:

Me:

The mark of a cult is NOT following Buddha. Buddhism is a world religion and not a cult! A cult exercises total contol over its adherents, ie 4 meetings per week and door-to-door propagation. It always states that it is the only "truth" and only means of saving the world or surviving an apocalypse. It tells its followers that its "apostates" are evil and must be shunned. Many cults state that they follow Jesus and Jehovah, eg, Seventh Day Adventists, Mormons and Moonies as well as Children of God, Tim Jones and Jesus Christians Levitus is mostly about how to slaughter animals and Jewish dietary laws-kosher food. Its prohibition on eating blood is NOT the same as a prohibition on blood transfusions which were not done in Old Testament times. Jewish dietary laws have NO binding on Christians and, in any case,eating blood is NOT the same as having a transfusion in order to survive. This regulation by WTBTS was only brought out in the 1930s

Him:

I am no longer prepared to read your tirade of insults about the WTBTS

Discussions over

PLEASE READ ACTS 15:29 – NEW TESTAMENT

THIS BACKS UP THE OLD TESTAMENT COMMAND IN LEVITICUS ABOUT ABSTAINING FROM BLOOD

THE WITNESSES WHO REFUSED BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS BASED THEIR DECISIION ON THEIR OWN CONSCIENCES - OBEYING GOD’S COMMAND ON THE SANCTITUY OF BLOOD.

THE WITNESSES WHO REFUSED TO BUY POLITICAL PARTY CARDS IN MALAWUI IN THE 60’S AND 70’S, ALSO DID SO ACCORDING TO THEIR OWN CONSCIENCES – NOT PART OF SATAN’S POLITICAL SYSTEM

(THE SAME REASON MANY WERE BEATEN, KILLED AND JAILED IN OTHER LANDS WHERE POLITICAL INITIMIDATION TO BE A MEMBER OF A POLITICAL PARTY, WAS RIFE – IE. MOZAMBIQUE, GUINEA, ZAMBIA IN THE 60’S, ANGOLA, ZIM, LIBERIA, SOME BALTIC STATES, ETC

END OF DISCUSSION

Me:

NO, NOT THE END OF DISCUSSION-ACTS:15:29, IS A SUGGESTION THAT GENTILES ENTERING THE MAINLY JEWISH CHRISTIAN SECT SHOULD REFRAIN FROM EATING BLOOD. IT DOES NOT PROHIBIT BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS TO SAVE LIFE WHICH DIDN'T OCCUR THEN THE WITCHTOWER HAS TAKEN A FRAGMENT OF NT AND USES IT TO MURDER THOSE UNDER ITS SWAY. THE ISSUE WAS LATER DEBATED BY THE CHURCH IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND IT WAS DECIDED THAT GENTILES BECOMING CHRISTIANS WOULD BE EXEMPT FROM KOSHER LAWS AND ABSTAINING ROM EATING BLOOD. WAKE UP. THE WITCHTOWER LEAVES IT UP TO INDIVIDUAL CASES ONLY TO AVOID LAW SUITS FOR WILLFUL MANSLAUGHTER.

I'VE LIVED IN MALAWI AND IT WAS TOTALLY UNNECESSARY FOR BRAINWASHED WITNESSES TO SUFFER PERSECUTION FOR CARRYING A CARD, WHICH IS ALL THAT WAS NEEDED. THE BIBLE SAYS GIVE UNTO CAESAR WHICH IS CAESAR, WE HAVE SOCIAL AND POLITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ALL GOVERNMENTS ARE THERE ON GOD'S SUFFRANCE!!

WE AGAIN DIFFER ON PURE LOGIC!!

Him:

It is up to the conscience of the Christian involved whether he takes blood or buys a political party card – he bases his decision on what he believes a Christian should do.

Unlike the Jews who were put into death camps for being Jewish, the Witnesses in Germany were incarcerated in death camps due to the CHOICE they made NOT to join Hitler’s army or make the Nazi salute.

They could have taken the easy way out and just go along with the rest of the intimidated population to escape persecution…. But they didn’t take the easy way out – they were NOT prepared to compromise their neutrality.

Jesus said that christians would be persecuted for their beliefs and for not having any part of the world.

Paying taxes is paying Ceasar’s things to Caesar - but NOT joining up with the political parties, joining armies, etc , which would be in direct conflict with God’s requirements.

True christians don’t compromise their beliefs like the masses in Christendom.

CLEAR CUT

END OF DISCUSSION – I have no further comments on these clear cut issues and my final answers to any further weak arguments or puerile comments are as above…

• besty
    besty

He seems to be aware of the current WTS argument that its a personal conscience decision - semantics to avoid legal liability.

They have DF'd and are now disassociating (identical announcement and consequences) members for taking blood or the major components for 50 years.

If it is a personal conscience decision why the need for extensive discussion and documentation on what is and is not acceptable? Who is deciding what is not acceptable? What is the scriptural basis for the blood fraction policy? In what sense is the decision personal? How would he feel if he lost a loved one for want of a banned therapy that subsequently was made 'acceptable'?

Arguing that this shows loyalty to Jehovah condones human sacrifice. In the case of children it is child sacrifice - most countries don't permit that. Why not?

Even 'acceptable' fractions or therapies require blood to be processed and stored. How does this harmonize with Biblical instructions on pouring blood out?.

Organ transplants are an easy way to argue these points - acceptable, banned, acceptable - who is responsible for the needless death of faithful JW's who died during the 13 year period organ transplants were banned?

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/medicine/index.php

As a general point I would ask him more questions and stop trying to make your own points

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit