Hobbies - could use some suggestions:)

by Newborn 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dear All,

continuing on my last thread, I'd be grateful to hear about your hobbies (that you've had and didn't have while in the borg)?

I took a painting class last spring and loved it. Thinking of taking dancing classes and learning italian. Also thinking of getting a cat but feel I need soemthing more besides chatting on facebook every night.

Thanks
    Newborn

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have a cat - she thinks she owns my home, my belongings and me.

I've done finger painting - so don't know if that counts.

My true love is travelling - expesive hobby.

There is however geocaching - I'm not that good at it yet, but know of a guy that is reaching 800 finds (i'm only on 8 ) www.geocaching.com

• teel
    teel

One of my favorite hobby is Geocaching - check it out, great fun. Although I had this while I was in too. This summer I was at a geocaching event, it was great to meet normal people, who gather together of their own will to do something they genuinely enjoy.

• four candles
    four candles

Learn a musical instrument. I learnt years ago then with marriage and the dubs it got left behind. I took it up again aboit 4 years ago and never looked back. Sounds good now even to my ears,I've also written a few songs......well,lyrics for songs and met another songwriter who has helped me develop these lyrics into songs.

Very satisfying to hear your creation transformed into music.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Never heard of Geocaching but looking it up as we speak.

I actually play piano. I played for many years at the kingdom hall. For the moment I don't have a piano in my home either unfortunately.

Four candles, can we listen to your music somewhere?

Loubelle, I never had a cat and live in a 45m2 apartment and work full time. I'm glad for any advice you can give?

Thanks

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Scrapbooking is fun.

Especially scrapbooks of what you love...lots of kitty scrapbooking supplies.

lisa

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Join a good fishing club.

Hunting

Get involved in seach and rescue

Dog training

Cycling

• thomas15
    thomas15

I'm a little odd, but my hobbies are: volunteer firefighter, 5 string banjo, reading (Bible subjects, history), currently studying to be a volunteer EMT, and fixing what isn't broken around the house.

My wife raises show pigeons and show chickens.

Tom

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

I brew my own beer. Here's a video of my son and I making a batch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htOAEFfsjgs

• four candles
    four candles

Newborn,.....soon matey,will have one song up on myspace soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit