New Documentary in production "Losing My Religion"

by Quandary 6 Replies latest social current

• Quandary
    Quandary

I couldn't find a thread already started about this project:

http://www.hungrycreature.com/lmr.html

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sounds interesting. Can you provide a quick synopsis of the documentary? (I cannot look at all websites and streaming video while at work.)

• Quandary
    Quandary

Losing My Religion
    A documentary

Losing My Religion
    In and Out of the Jehovah's Witnesses Organization

View teaser

This is my story. I was once one of Jehovah's Witnesses. When I left I wanted to find others like myself. What I discovered was a community of people who were going through an accelerated learning process in the school of life - sometimes tragic, always exciting. What we all have in common is a search for our personal identities.

Daily, over 6,000,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses are being instructed that very soon, those who do not obey their exact teachings will be ferociously exterminated by God himself in Armageddon at the end of the ‘world’!

So who are these people? And what is it like to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Losing My Religion is a soul-searching, interview-style film documenting the experiences and exoduses of Jehovah’s Witnesses as they leave behind family, friends, their acquired interpretation of “God”, and a very unique ‘fundamentalist reality’ . Losing their religion, many who leave must undergo an often emotionally agonizing and dramatic transition into the once ‘forbidden’ world.

Jehovah's Witnesses who ‘awaken’, who figure things out and leave; who permanently lose their religion , and speak up against the Watchtower Society , are in fact accused of being the absolute worst of all creation. Basically, the Watchtower Society’s stand is: ‘You are either with us or against us’.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I don't know if he's done much with this project in the last few years, he has been busy working with DeCaprio and others on movies like his documentary on global warming. Probably still needing funding for his JW film. I took him to a film screening of a cult expose' movie back about 3 years ago at the Film Festival in L.A. He is pretty well-connected, but haven't heard from him in a while.

Randy

• choosing life
    choosing life

I thought I read about this film on jwd before. Sounds pretty good.

Loosing My Religion is one of my favorite fading songs.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Cool! Thanks!

• jamiebowers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit