i don't belive in anything! you hear me? nothing!!

by highdose 5 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

i've noticed recently as i make more and more freinds that are non JW, that i seem to want to reassure them that i hold no religous views at all.

It almost as if i fear they can tell i was once a devout JW...

Trouble is noone talks about religon unless they are interested in it do they? and i don't want to loose my freinds. Oh dear i need help! anyone else know what i'm talking about?

• greenie
    greenie

Hmmm...sort of, but from a different angle. When I first got involved with my Dub everyone, even my closest friends thought I was converting and no one would actually ask me! Same thing, religion didn't come up in conversation so they never asked. When I heard from one that they were all talking about me converting, I brought it up with all of them to clarify and have been more thoughtful when talking about it to others. Maybe you could just say to your close friends, "Look, I know you know I've had this different religious past, I want you to know it's not at all a part of me now, and if you have any questions about it, just ask me."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

kool, i don't believe in God in the way the bible says also.

the bible seems just as beleivable as the greek and norse mythology.

if there is a god, he obviously created stuff, and let it run itself to the way we are today

• teel
    teel

You don't have to be afraid of losing your friends. Real friends don't care about the other's religion - much less about past religion. What matters is yourself in the whole, not some associations. Don't worry about it just try to be yourself, and if the topic does come up no need to be ashamed, just say something like greenie suggested.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have a funny story for you. By the time I met my current husband, I'd been df'd for seven years. Anyway, it was a hot summer day, and I was wearing a long cotten dress to stay cool. I've always carried a huge purse. So, I'm knocking on this guy's door, because he was a highly recommended mechanic, and my car was making really weird noises. I hear this gruff voice behind me say, "May I help you?".

I whirled around to see a barrell chested man covered with motor oil, it was even on his baseball cap. He didn't seem at all pleased with my being there as I stammered through an introduction. Suddenly his face broke into a big smile, and he said, "Oh, well, nice to meet ya. For a minute there I thought you were one of those God damned Jehovah's Witnesses!"

Well, I was stunned, to say the least! It wasn't until he explained that it was the long dress and big purse that fooled him before I realized that "Jehovah's Witness" wasn't tatooed across my butt, LOL! He thought it was uproarously funny when I later told him that I used to be a jw. He didn't hold it against me, and we've been together ever since.

• trueblue
    trueblue

It does not worry me that some one knows that I have associated with JW's, I was born with them around, I don't talk to them much about it and a lot of old friends still don't know...

Some times I think this scripture at Mathew 5:34 is stating that you should not beleive in anything...

“Again YOU heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You must not swear without performing, but you must pay your vows to Jehovah.’ 34 However, I say to YOU : Do not swear at all, neither by heaven, because it is God’s throne; 35 nor by earth, because it is the footstool of his feet; nor by Jerusalem, because it is the city of the great King. 36 Nor by your head must you swear, because you cannot turn one hair white or black. 37 Just let YOUR word Yes mean Yes, YOUR No, No; for what is in excess of these is from the wicked one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit