Religion

by Rev BII 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

IS Jesus = God Almighty Jehovah?

Which solution is the right one;

1. Jehovah is trinity and has millions of sons of God, angels.

1. Jehovah is the Almighty Father, a being with a one personality, he has a Son, Logos who became Jesus, the masterconstructer in which all was created (naturally all but the trinity or the two beings; master and servant through who all was made), the first-begotten (or borned as the Greek allows too..), the servant saviour and the beginning of the creation (or the first created as the Greek allows too..) and has millions of sons of God, angels.

The trinity has often been up to debate. In the days of Russell, in the days of Newton and a few hundred years ago people where burned on the stakes of believing in solution nr 2.

The trinity were made a few hundred years after Jesus' death. It's taught nowhere in the Bible but it's a way to explain a mystery, something very difficult.

Trinitarians have the power and they always had. They smuggled in manipulations to make their teachings stick;

John 8:24I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for except ye believe that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

John 8:58Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was born, I am.

The 'I am' is such a manipulation. It should make us think of Genesis 3:14 where Jehovah calls himself 'I am' and it should cementate the power of the church in our minds. Only problem is that Genesis is in Hebrew and John in Greek. Nothing in the text suggests that it should be translated in this nonlogic bad grammar way. Instead many older especially Europeen Bibles say either directly or as a note; "I was" or "I have been". When you read John 8 you see what it's really about; Jesus saying he's God's son (and therefore older than Abraham). That's what the Pharisees get mad about.

Such manipulations seem to convince a lot of people. Because JWs are the main biblebelieving nontrinitarians, being nontrinitarian and being JW go hand in hand. Life as a nontrinitarian christian, especially in the US, can be hard. I bet most Biblebelieving exJWs become trinitarians simply because they are tired of fighting against the fiery trinitarians who would still torture and burn the rest of us if religion still had the enormous political power it once had. The spirit of Antichrist live on in lots of these people. These exJWs then adapt belief in the immortal wicked soul which isn't taught anywhere in the Bible, burning hell although destroyed cities burn eternally too in the Bible's language and because according to the Bible and also because the soul doesn't go on living after death.

Isaiah 34:8 For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion. 9 And the streams of Edom shall be turned into pitch, and her soil into brimstone; her land shall become burning pitch. 10 Night and day it shall not be quenched; its smoke shall go up for ever. From generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.

Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomor'rah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Revelation 14: 9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If any one worships the beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also shall drink the wine of God's wrath, poured unmixed into the cup of his anger, and he shall be tormented with fire and sulphur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Revelation 18: 21 Then a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone and threw it into the sea, saying, "So shall Babylon the great city be thrown down with violence, and shall be found no more;

Revelation 19: ." 3 Once more they cried, "Hallelujah! The smoke from her goes up for ever and ever."

Revelation 20: 14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire;

I'm done with the heavy handed arguing here but what I wanted to show was this;

Cities are destroyed yet they burn eternally. That's of cause symbolic.

People are destroyed/their souls are destroyed (Acts 3:23 as in the Bible the soul and they body are one and can't exist without eachother) yet they burn eternally. That's of cause symbolic.

Psalm 88:5Cast *off among the dead, Like the slain that lie in the grave, Whom thou rememberest no more, And they are cut off from thy hand. 88:6Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, In dark places, in the deeps. 30:4Sing praise unto Jehovah, O ye saints of his, And give thanks to his holy memorial name.

Psalm 30:5For his anger is but for a moment; His favor is for a life-time: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy cometh in the morning.

Psalm 21:9Thou wilt make them as a fiery furnace in the time of thine anger: Jehovah will swallow them up in his wrath, And the fire shall devour them.

I read eternal destruction of souls.

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

Note that the spirit of Antichrist towards nontrinitarians move on several levels;

1. Nontrinitarians are enemies of the church power.

2. Antichrist say nontrinitarians bring other people to damnation and by this justify percution, torture and killing.

3. Antichrist meets non of those requirements Jesus list to his followers. Among those non of them are that must believe the father and the son are the same beings.

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Do you get paid by the word, or is that just your way of sorting it all out?
    anti = against, or oposed to.
    christos = apointed (of God) or Anointed.
    antichrist, simply stated, are all those that stand in oposition to the Anointed of God.

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

I would prefer to say against the Son of God. Dont put your trust in men.

• larc
    larc

Rev,

I would say, do not put your trust in God or the Son of God. They have done nothing in a very long time and there are no indication that they are going to do anything soon.

Put your trust in some men, not all. I have a lot of faith in Microsoft, IBM, GM, and GE to name a few.

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

larc;
    To those that are blinded to understanding I can comprehend their not being able to see "the signs of the times". This poses no problems for those that can though. *grins*

Rev;
    As the term "christian" was coined as a derogitive name for those "So called Anointed Ones of God". or "Those so-called apointed ones of God." As many have received this calling to be Saints it would seem logical that the remaining ones of "the seed" would be beset upon by "those against God's Apointed Ones". hmmmm?

As for the trinity discussion? NOT even interested in that old rehash of others beliefs. *laffs*

• Rev BII
    Rev BII

looks like I will have to bash them on my own then

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit