Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses living within ancient mythology outside of modern reality ?

by The Almighty Homer 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

After leaving the JWS and religion all together, I still find it disturbing that people like the JWS are trying to emulate the social morals of a culture that was

around 2000 years ago and using these particular social morals as a guidance to themselves.

Didn't mankind progress since then and aren't we still progressing in a better and fulfilling way ?

Reading from the bible itself it portrays the real cruelty and unjust social structure of those ancient cultures, nevertheless

organizations like the JWS are turning modern progression back wards with dangerous and damaging results to people who follow

into their style of so called spiritual guidance. The answer for this simply must be the obtainable power from the almighty himself, irregardless

of the outcome of their expressions of spirituality. To further this disturbance a majority of their followers admit that they think a good portion of

the written words in the bible are fictionalized fable brought on impart by godly inspiration. WOW !

In other words JWS are living or trying to live within the stories of ancient mythology itself which seems to be a very big irrational mistake.

• flipper
    flipper

Amighty Homer- Good points. Which may be part of why the JW's so readily accept the mythological or fantasy of an alleged " paradise " future which promises everyone who survives the Big A will live forever on the earth. If they so willingly accept mythology- it's not much more of a stretch for them to create pretend scenarios and beliefs in the here and now - and in what they perceive their future will be. It's really superstitious to me

• trueblue
    trueblue

I have heard the term by an elder on the platform that we are living in a modern day Sadom and Gamorrah,

Being at the KH or around JW's is like being controlled by the modern day Pharisees that Jesus talks about @ Mathew 23

• Satanus
    Satanus

They rationalise it w the theory that humans started out perfect, everything started out perfect, and has been going down hill, ever since. This of course, flies in the face of ALL the evidence. Civilization has been evolving ever since the last ice age broke up. Since then farming started, domestication of animals and plants (although, that may have been going on since a long time before that) started, we're learning more about nature, the solar system and our place in it, have developed complex laws and values to protect civilization, on and on. Too bad that they cannot eccept the facts.

S

• glenster
    glenster

Some say nothing has caused more unnecessary hurt or death than religion. But
    from what I can tell from the batch of links of cruelty by believers and non-
    believers a little down the page at the next link, the main cause of the cruelty
    isn't belief or non-belief in God but being so 'centric about either one (or
    race, nationality, etc.) that the person won't be friends with those outside of
    their classification.
    http://www.freewebs.com/glenster1/gtjbrooklyn43.htm

That's when the walls of alienation go up, people distrust and even hate those
    on the other side, etc.

What I recommend is to take those that were on the offense in religious war or
    persecution of religious people, but not those on the defense or other nice
    believers or non-believers, and add those that were 'centric and on the offense
    regarding race and lynched African Americans as though they were just chattle,
    regarding nationality, etc., and you get the group that has caused the most
    unnecessary hurt or death--people who get too 'centric. I think that's the
    wiser overview and doesn't mischaracterize a lot of nice believers or non-
    believers. We're never going to have people of all the same belief or non-
    belief choice, race, nationality, etc., but we can get more relaxed and friendly
    about the differences.

A few basic outlooks I recommend:
    - Don't mess with the see-able, touchable, measureable. Trying to prove or
    disprove God by that stuff misses the point. Belief in God was, is, and will be
    a faith commitment beyond that stuff, short of witnessing an actual divine
    intervention, so know that's what you're doing if you're doing it.
    - Don't be too 'centric or you're a pain in the a** whichever of the belief or
    non-belief choices you pick.
    - Nobody should be hurt or killed over that stuff. Separation of church and
    state is good for that, otherwise you have people getting hurt or killed over
    it, executed in Saudi Arabia for converting to something else and such. You
    could make a case for God's prerogative for the punishment, but I'd want to see
    the clouds part and an angel proclaiming it or no deal, and so far that hasn't
    come up.

The cruelest aspect of the JWs doesn't have to come with being a believer but
    is due to the irresponsibility of the JWs leaders, such as the relatively harsh
    use of disfellowshipping, notably for JWs leaders' specialties, rules on the
    medical use of blood and major blood products, and expanded ideas of worldliness
    conflicting with intolerant political leaders. They also have some outdated
    rules about some matters that are debated and haven't kept up with the more
    liberal interpretations, such as regarding homosexuality or evolution.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Good comments everyone

One thing that cults like this are noted for is luring people into them who are perhaps youthfully ignorant and venerable.

In their own weakness they come across something that may supply some answers to their own inept ignorance,

only to find out latter on they may have walked into a much greater ignorance on a grander scale.

Once the individual is has been fully indoctrinated the manipulation goes into effect and thats one one thing

the WTS. is good at and that is manipulation !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit