Odd behaviour by jw publishers

by badboy 7 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

any takers?

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

A man in the congregation that I grew up in would walk all around houses in service to see if anyone was hiding inside. The excuse that everyone has for him is that he had a nervous breakdown years ago and has never been the same. Now that I think of it, I wonder if it was because 1975 didn't see the Big A. He's also a horrible cheapskate- wouldn't run heat or AC out in service and wore the same glasses for years- vintage hornrims! I don't know how he ever passed his eye exam to renew his drivers license- the edges of his lenses were yellow from all the glue he used to repair them and he squinted all the time.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, we had a sister that before she became a Witness, her brain was fried by drugs. She was pretty fanatical, especially when it came to raising her children( I know, I know,most of you think most Witnesses are fanatical)But, anyway, I had the misfortune of going through elementary school with her son. He was pretty weird. Everything to them was demonized, example, looking at the sun with eyes closed to see different colors, kids do that, was demonized. When the school had an all sports day, he wasn't allowed to participate. Finally, something I could do, but she even called my mom to see why I was participating. She somehow had connected it to the ancient Greeks and their Olympics. She wrote a note that inclued me, not her child, to be excused from music class because of some piece of music she deemed "demonized". If someone in the hall ticked her off, which was everyone, she wrote a nasty letter to the elders. One actually included my ten year old self because me and a friend smiled at each other when her precocious son gave his comments. Her poor adopted daughter had to read the whole book of Revelation before she was allowed to go outside and play. I think now that her children are grown and ruined she is scouting the halls looking for deperate brothers so she can mess up their life like she did her with her first and second husbands. Fortunately, I no longer have any contact with her and stay clear of any like her.

• lancelink
    lancelink

there was a lady in my old hall who claimed to have chemical sensitivity syndrome.

She went to the hall for years before she decided that she had this, then all of a sudden she was wearing a full lenght white plastic suit with a full face respirator.

She couldn't live in her apartment building anymore because they sprayed for bugs and( she decided she was allergic to the stuff) and the PO helped

direct her and her unbeliving husband to purchase a house.

The small house was a wreck, and for four months people from the hall went over (after service and meetings) and helped gut / clean / disinfect / and remodel the house (free labor, and much of the material donated by people from the hall).

Her husband attended meetings during those months, and when the house was complete and they moved in, suddenly the CSS went away, hubby quit attending the hall, and they received basically a brand new house courtesy of the congregation !

When I would drive by months later, I could see that they had three televisions set up in the living room so that Mr. lazybut could watch his football, or baseball games!

• badboy
    badboy

Didn't I read that one publisher stripped off his clothes to publicates armageddon was coming soon?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I don't know if this counts...two sisters who competed for a brother who was about to be widowed (his wife was terminally ill). Shameful.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

we had a weird family in our cong called the Powells, the mother wore the trousers Heather, she refused to listen to council form my father because he had a couple of tattoos ( he was a sailor in his youth) her husband was a good 20 odd years older then her, she sealed up her mail box never knew why, and one day she reduced my mother to tears again never found out why, they had 2 kids Geoffrey and Mavis, the latter being DF'ed never knew what for, goodness knows how Geoffrey turned out

• White Dove
    White Dove

My mom was the oddity in our hall. Her sneezes were screams and they made the conductors jump and the cong. laugh. The light gave her headaches, so she put KM's on her head to shade her eyes while listening to the talks. She'd laugh outloud at something she though was funny but others were quiet. She'd make side comments outloud, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit