JW's Views on Salvation

by KiddTruSS 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KiddTruSS
    KiddTruSS

Hi, I am interested in the JW's views on salvation and have some questions i would like to ask, and if you could copy and paste my questions into your reply with your responses under each question, it would be much appreciated. If possible please provide the NWT scriptural evidence for each response, as well as any other information in regards to salvation...

Who is Jesus? Is Jesus God?

Whose sin did Jesus die for and how did His redeeming death work in relation to the above questions?

What is salvation?

Is salvation by the free gift of God's grace? Is salvation by faith alone? Or is it through faith and works?

Is there any additional things JW's have to do to be saved (i.e. baptism, etc.)?

Why is salvation divided between the Elect and the Sheep?

How does salvation work for the 'Elect'? Why?

How does salvation work for everyone else?

What is the afterlife like for the elect and what does it consist of?

What is the afterlife like for the Sheep and what does it consist of?

How does sin effect Jesus, the elect, and the Sheep in regards to the above themes and topics?

Thanks... please reply asap!!!!

• KiddTruSS
    KiddTruSS

Anyone?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hello there,

If you are another Evangelical-Christian-with-a-mission-to-JWs please know this is (mainly, mostly, overwhelmingly) an ex-JW forum. Other than that, you can learn a lot by reading the "belief" and "best-of" sections.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello and welcome!

OK, to the important questions.

Who is Jesus? Matthew 1:23

Is Jesus God? John 1:1

Whose sin did Jesus die for and how did His redeeming death work in relation to the above questions? Hebrews 5:9 Hebrews 2:10

What is salvation? 1 Corinthians 1:18 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Is salvation by the free gift of God's grace? Is salvation by faith alone? Or is it through faith and works? Ephesians 2:8-10 James 2:14-26

Is there any additional things JW's have to do to be saved (i.e. baptism, etc.)? Mark 16:16

Why is salvation divided between the Elect and the Sheep? Is it? Who are "the elect"? Mark 13:20 Romans 11 Who are "the sheep" John 10:16 John 10:27

How does salvation work for the 'Elect'? Why? How does salvation work for everyone else? What's the difference? See the above verses.

What is the afterlife like for the elect and what does it consist of? What is the afterlife like for the Sheep and what does it consist of? What's the difference?

How does sin effect Jesus, the elect, and the Sheep in regards to the above themes and topics? What's the difference?

All the best,

Stephen

• Gordy
    Gordy

Try here at JWfacts

Salvation Only for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Who Will Be Saved?

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Chalam: You didn't answer any of his questions correctly. He was wanting to know the JW's point of view, not the Bible's.

KidTruSS: Simply stated, the JW's point of view of each of your questions would require extensive (I say extensive because I don't know how familiar you are with JW's in the first place) Bible-hopping-taking-verses-out-of-context as well as Watchtower magazine quotes. Watchtower theology is not cut-and-dry and sometimes requires "mental gymnastics" in order to arrive at and understand what they really teach. Even then, you have to keep up with their ever-changing man-made doctrines which can change overnight.

Please consult with the JWfacts website above or also try Freeminds.org. Both have tons of info about these very questions..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit