1 Samuel Targum: Hannah´s prophetic spirit

by greek 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greek
    greek

1-And Hannah prayed in a prophetic spirit and said, 'Now my son Samuel is to be a prophet over Israel. In his days they will be saved from the hand of the Philistines and by his hands miracles and mighty deeds will be done to them.' Therefore, 'my heart is strong in the portion that the LORD gave to me.''And also Heman, son of Joel, son of my son Samuel, who is to stand up, he and his fourteen sons, to be speaking in song by means of lyres and lutes, together with their brothers, the Levites, to praise in the sanctuary.' Therefore, 'my horn is exalted in the gift that the LORD appointed to me.'And furthermore, concerning the miraculous punishment which is to be among the Philistines, who are to bring the ark on a new cart and with it the guilt offering. Therefore, let the assembly of Israel say, 'Let my mouth be opened to speak great things against my enemies, for I rejoiced in thy salvation.'

2-Concerning Sennacherib, the king of Assyria, she prophesied and said that he was to come up against Jerusalem, he and all his armies. And a great miracle will be done to him: the corpses of his camps will fall there. Therefore, let all the nations, peoples and languages confess and say, 'There is none who is holy but the LORD, for there is none besides Thee.' And let your people say, 'There is none who is strong but our God.'

3-Concerning Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, she prophesied and said, 'You, Chaldeans, and all the nations who are to rule in Israel, do not increase speaking boastful things and let no blasphemies go forth from your mouth, for the LORD is the God who knows everything and upon all his creations judgment is meted out. And also to you He is to make full requital for your guilt.'

4-Concerning the kingdom of Greece she prophesied and said, 'The bows of the Greek heroes will be broken and those of the Hasmonaean house who are weak, mighty deeds will be done for them.'

5-Concerning the sons of Haman she prophesied and said, 'Those who were satisfied with bread and amassing riches and growing in money, will become poor. They have returned to hiring themselves out for bread, the food of their mouth. Mordecai and Esther, who were needy became rich and forgot their poverty. They have returned to being free persons. So Jerusalem which was like a barren woman is to be filled with her exiled people. And Rome which is filled with a mass of peoples, her armies will cease to be. She will be desolate and destroyed.

6-All these are a mighty work of the LORD, who is ruling in the world. He puts to death and promised to make alive. He brings down to Sheol and is also ro raise up in eternal life.

7-All these are a mighty work of the LORD, who is ruling in the world. He puts to death and promised to make alive. He brings down to Sheol and is also ro raise up in eternal life. But Korah, son of Izhar, son of Kohath, son of Levi, from whom went forth my son Samuel, was brought down to Sheol on account of the fact that he stood up and differed in opinion with Moses and Aaron, the righteous ones. They will come up from the house of their entanglement and will confess that there is no God beside Him.

8-The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low, He also exalts.

9-He raises up the poor from the dust, from theash heap he lifts the needy, to make them sit with the righteous, the chiefs of the world, and inherit the Throne of Glory. For before the LORD the deeds of the sons of men are revealed. He has established Gehenna below for the evil ones, and for the righteous ones, doing his will, He has completed the world.

He will keep the bodies of his righteous servants from Gehenna, but the evil ones will be judged in Gehenna, in darkness, to make it known that there is none in whom there is strength worthy for the day of judgment.

10-He will keep the bodies of his righteous servants from Gehenna, but the evil ones will be judged in Gehenna, in darkness, to make it known that there is none in whom there is strength worthy for the day of judgment, but only if he has good deeds, he will be found worthy for the world to come.

11-The LORD will shatter the enemies who rise up to harm his people. Against them He will thunder from heaven with a loud voice. The LORD will make just requital to Gog and the armies of the robbing nations who come with him from the ends of the earth. And He will give strength to his king and enlarge the kingdom of his anointed one.'

12-And Elkanah went home to Ramah. And the boy served before the LORD, during the life of Eli the priest.

13-And the sons of Eli were evil men. They did not know how to fear from before the LORD.

14-And this was the priests' due from the people: any man who slaughtered a sacrifice, the priest's servant would come, while the meat was boiling, with a three-pronged fork in his hand,

15-and he would set it into the pan, or kettle, or cauldron, or pot; all that the fork brought up the priest would take for his living. So they did at Shiloh to all Israel who came there to offer.

16-Moreover, before the fat pieces were brought up to the altar, the priest's servant would come and say to the man who was offering, 'Give meat for the priest to roast; for he will not accept boiled meat from you, but raw.'

17-And if the man said to him, 'Wait until the fat pieces are brought up and then take according to the will of your soul,' he would say, 'No, for you must give it now; and if not, they will take ik against your will,'

18-And the guilt of the young men was very great before the LORD, for the men robbed the offerings of the LORD.

19-And Samuel was serving before the LORD. The young man was girded with a linen sleeved tunic.

20-And his mother used to make for him a little robe and take it to him periodically from festival to festival, when she went up with her husband to offer the sacrifice of the festival.

21-Then Eli would bless Elkanah and his wife, and say, 'The LORD raise up to you suitable sons by this woman for the request which he asked from before the LORD.' Then they would go to his own place.

22-For the memory of Hannah went up before the LORD, and she conceived and bore three sons and two daughters. And the boy Samuel grew up, serving before the LORD.

23-Now Eli was very old, and he heard all that his sons were doing to all Israel, and that they lay with the women who had come to pray at the entrance of the tent of meeting.

24-Now Eli was very old, and he heard all that his sons were doing to all Israel, - another book: and that they delayed the offerings of the women who were cleansing themselves, who came to pray - at the entrance of the tent of meeting.

25-And he said to them, 'Why do you do such things, that I hear of your evil dealings from all these people?

26-No, my sons, it is no right report that I hear the people of the LORD speaking.

27-If a man is in debt to a man, will they not come before the judge? And he will hear their words and examine between them. But if a man is in debt before the LORD, from whom will he ask that it shall be forgiven to him?' But they would not accept their father's speech, for it was the LORD's will to kill them.

28-And the boy Samuel continued to grow and his name was good. His ways were right before the LORD and his deeds were just in the midst of the sons of men.

29-And there came a prophet of the LORD to Eli, and said to him, 'Thus the LORD has said, "I indeed revealed myself to the house of your father when they were in Egypt subject to the house of the pharaoh.

30-And I chose him out of all the tribes of Israel for Me, to be priest, to bring up sacrifices upon my altar, to burn sweet-smelling incense, to wear an ephod, to serve before Me. And I gave to the house of your father all the sacrifices of the sons of Israel.

31-Why then are you robbing my holy sacrifice and my offering, which I commanded to bring before Me in my sanctuary, and honour your sons first of all to let them eat first of every offering gift of Israel, of my people?"

32-Therefore, the LORD the God of Israel says, "I surely said that your house and the house of your father should serve before Me for ever," but now the LORD said, "My judgments are true. Those who bring honour before Me I will honour, and those who act despicably against my Name will be despised."

33-Behold, the days are coming, when I will cut off your arm's strength and the arm's strength of your father's house, so that there will not be an old man in your house.

34-And you will realise and see the distress that will come upon the people of your house, because of the sins that you sinned in my sanctuary. And after that I will bring goodness upon Israel, but there shall not be an old man in your house for ever.

35-A man I will not cut off from my altar to darken your eye and to grieve your soul. And all the multitude of your house will be killed as young men.

36-And this is the sign to you which will come unto your two sons, unto Hophni and Phinehas: both of them shall be killed in one day.

37-And I will raise up before Me a faithful priest, who shall do according to my speech and according to my will. And I will raise up for him a lasting kingdom, and he will serve before my anointed all the days.

38-And every one who is left in your house shall come to bow down for a silver coin or a slice of bread, and shall say, "Please, appoint me as one of the priests' guard," to eat a slice of bread.'

Well, I hope yours opinions about this.

Thanx.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit