Leave out the word God?

by DJK 1 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

I get too many emails about how the word God is left out of this and that. The one I got today is the first about how the end line of Roosevelt's famous speech (engraved on some stone in Washington) leaves out the ending, "So help us God".

I'm an Atheist, not the kind that says it shouldn't be there. I just don't give a rats butt whether it is or not.

I get this stuff from one relative, the one I least want to offend, and her lack of knowledge of a murderous God really frustrates me. Really funny was the one when the words "In God we trust" were left off a new dollar coin. "Like, put your glasses on and read the coins edge". She responded to everyone she sent it to with an apology.

Typically it's click, delete. For this one I think I'll reply, "Yaaaah, there was no room left on the stone".

Do you get these kinds of email's and is click/delete the best way to deal with it?.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Yes, my stepmom sends them to me. I check them out at snopes.com, and usually the claims either are entirely false or at least mileading. I always forward the link to the explanation on snopes, and she gets really pissed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit