My father is a f*****g a*****e

by Butyoucanneverleave 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Welcome!

Never say never. None of us know what the future will bring but you will get sympathy and support here and many will confirm it is possible to leave and get family out as well. Vent away. You will find plenty of advise on how others succeeded too.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome to our "Hotel California" - people check in all the time, and most never want to leave!

We stab the Org with our steely knives, but we just can't kill the beast! (yet)

At least you've totally left - many of us are at different stages of our exit.

Enjoy sharing information with the other guests here!

• Half banana
    Half banana

And the sad thing is that your father has been encouraged to believe that what he is doing is the best possible thing for his family.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I know...it is hard to believe how much effort these people will put to "help" (there definition of help) strangers but not their own family. It is incredible and sad.

Welcome to this site. It is a great place to vent. We all understand how you feel. I used to think it was me until I started reading other posts. It's not you. By reading other posts you will come to find out what this "loving organization" does to innocent people.

You are not alone, we are all here for you.

• Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me. Truth be told I've been reading this board for years. There was an incident with my sibling and my father last night that prompted me to join this board. I just had to vent. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who goes through this stuff dealing with the effects of this crazy cult.
  • confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam
    Welcome!! SO glad you have decided to join and post! This is a great place to visit. I mostly read the posts, but do add my two cents when I have something to add. I was wrongly df'd 5 years ago and have been coming on here on and off since then and have found much enlightenment and encouragement from those who post. My family is still "in", but not really. My soon to be x's family, now that's a different story. I was pressured for 4 years to get reinstated, so his family would invite us to social gatherings. I understand perfectly the hold that this cult has on their followers...sad!
  • jhine
    jhine

Welcome , keep posting

Jan

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Official welcome to you, a long-time reader, first-time poster.

You have checked out of the Hotel-Jehovah's-Witnesses but you can never truly leave because of your family ties. I would like to make an excuse for your father, but I cannot. I don't know him at all and whether he is just another victim of the cult or a willing "flaming ashpile" (that is what you meant, isn't it?).

He just might be another one who could say "We are all just prisoners here, of our own device"

I hope you feel welcome to vent here and that some help is found. See you around the water cooler.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

This is my first post. I just had to get that statement off of my chest! My father is one cold hearted judge mental, hypocritical, piece of s**t. I hate this religion and what it has done to my family!

I wish you could have a "One on One" with our Cultivated Son.

Congrats on the wake-up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Butyoucanneverleave - "My father is a f*****g a*****e..."

A flying ace?

A farting arse?

A falling axe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit