Bangalore

• studier
    studier

Thank You!

studier

• yknot
  • jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Hmmm ... well, at first glance it seems doubtful that the poster of this link violated anyone's copyright. But it is an area of law that is still a bit vague. I read recently that Murdoch is threatening to sue Google to try and remove links to Murdoch's site, or something to that effect. But for the most part it is nonactionable that I can tell .....

On the other hand I just don't know because the site that hosts the files seems to be impinging on those rights. After all, why would the authors offer it as a free download there if they are selling it on Amazon.com? So it would be analogous to illegal file sharing of music. Maybe it is illegal if those files shouldn't be up there in the first place. How is that for a non-answer?

And, if it is akin to illegal music file sharing not only the authors but amazon could claim damages and maybe the owners of this board would have some exposure for hosting the link. And those who take advantage of it knowing it is a theft of others' property would be showing their true colors.

• IVP Rights Dept
    IVP Rights Dept

The "Dictionary of Biblical Imagery" is protected by copyright and the posting of this file is both unauthorized and illegal. InterVarsity Press is the copyright owner for this dictionary and is taking action to have the file disabled or removed. While we appreciate Studier's enthusiasm for this dictionary, we generally do allow our books to be posted for free on-line access in their entirety. If you like the "Dictionary of Biblical Imagery," please help us keep this resource available and in print by purchasing a copy. If you have questions about how you may use excerpts from this dictionary, please contact us at [email protected]. Thank you.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Mods better snap to on this one, asap.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit