Vow of Poverty-Research

by Investigator 0 Replies latest jw friends

• Investigator
    Investigator

As many of you might remember the WTS annual meeting, Post by Osarif on Oct 20, 2000, making mention of the three new society corporations. John Barr made this statement about the 2nd one, “The religious order of Jehovah’s Witnesses, will act as a legal entity for the Religious Order of Jehovah’s Witnesses [which includes Bethel Volunteers].” (It also includes DO’s and CO’s etc. many in the past didn’t really realize what they had committed to.) Continuing on it says, “ Who in support of Is. 6:8 have taken a vow of obedience & poverty.” By the way Is. 6:8 says nothing about a Vow, much less one of obedience and poverty.

I’m making a study of this so CO, DO, & Bethel friends of mine can fully understand their responsibilities.

If anyone can accurately assist me in this research it would be very much appreciated. When all research is complete and verified it will be published at this site and elsewhere for the benefit of all.

My confidential email address is ‘ [email protected]’. All sources will be kept absolutely confidential if so requested.

Areas of Interest:

1. What is the particular IRS Regulation this is tied to?
    2. Is there a reason Is. 6:8 was used, legally is their a statute that requires such terminology?
    3. Can anyone get a copy of the Vows that Bethelites or others agree to verbally or in writing (This would be a Great help.)
    4. Officially, legally and financially; how does this benefit the WTS?
    5. Are there particular federal agencies, Attorneys, CPA firms that could accurately enlighten me in these areas?
    6. Documentation from other countries on problems the WTS is dealing with now or has in the recent past regarding—retirement or severance pay.
    7. How to obtain copies of the WTS filings of such corporations in the USA. Including any legal briefs & or requirements they have to maintain such a statute. Such as any policy requirements to keep the corp. Legal and intact.

Back to Is 6:8, 9, 11

In vs 8 the prophet began to hear the voice of Jehovah asking who will go for us, and he responds ‘Here I am, send me’ Does the next verse contextually indicate any kind of a vow? It merely says, “Go and you must say to this people, hear again and again”. How could John Barr, or anyone else working with him in this Org, even conceive this pertains to any sort of vow back then or thousands of years later? The verse says you must say, not you must vow. How long is this vow for? It is as verse 11 indicates, “at this I said: How long oh Jehovah? Then he said, ‘until the cities actually crash in ruins, to be without an inhabitant.’”

Did John Barr or any of the other GB feel this came directly from God’s own mouthpiece as Is. said at the beginning of vs 8, “And I began to hear the voice of Jehovah saying, ‘All Bethelites, DO’s, CO’s shall hence forth take a vow of obedience and poverty to the WTS. So the simplification programs can go forth (IRS simplification plan)”?

Seriously—I would appreciate any additional brainstorming, investigative insights, etc. This is a real research program—not just a post, all comments and e-mails will be much appreciated.

Investigator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit