My hero Grandpa John...

by Butterflyleia85 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

There he is grandpa John. The greatest man who ever lived (in my eye anyways lol). I'm the lil girl in the middle bout 20 years ago. He ment the world to me. He cared so much for his grandkids, wanting the best for them. He was the head of the building commitee back in the 80's and 90's. He cared so much for people and was very handy. I loved hearing his stories of how he was such a rebel (mischievous) when he was a kid.

He was a good man to grandma and he tried very hard to keep the family and the congregation together. I know he wanted all of us to live a good life as a Jehovah's Witness. I wonder what he would have done or thought if he saw all his (6 except 2) grandchildren falling from religion going their own ways. I wonder what his doubts were? What keep him strong during the 70's or when the Jehovah's Witnesses where criticized?

He was an Elder and I think a wonderful example. He passed away in 1999.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

He looks lovely, a brother who someone would go to if wanted a listening caring heart. Awww he looks very huggable :) I love huggable elders, thats what spiritual familys should be....hugs and hugs and even more hugs..... yay In the new system im guna hug everyday...loads!!!!!!!

Hope im there in the new order to meet him...you and I can join a QB, will be lots needing rebuliding :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

lovable elders! the elders who would sit you in front of a J/C for disagreeing with WTS policy, kickstarting a life of shattered family relations and shunning, strange way of showing love FFS

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

grandpa john and many many elders have love....not all are the same JB.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Thanks angel eyes! Yelp a swell guy he was, one in a billion! I had a dream about him last night going to a convention with the family. I have allot of those here lately! Miss it... and thought I'd share a lil more about me. :) Thanks again AE! Your my string right now in keep my hopes up... lol

Lovable... Why can't all elders be that way!! Geez if my grandpa was here today he would have a word or too with my dumb elders! lol

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(deleted this part since butterfly wasn't offended and I don't want to mess up her thread)

butterfly - I'm glad you have good memories of your grandfather - this picture must make you smile! A good and loving man would love you regardless of belief system - so don't worry that he would be disappointed in your life's choices. Plus - ten years ago? Who knows what changes HE might have made in that time! All three of you look like you adored him. :)

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(see above) :)

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

lol thanks georgiegirl!! They kinda know me from past post and kind know my thinking. Im out and happy to be out now but then again it's family that holds me to JW. Thanks so much for that though that was incouraging. Yeah who knows what changes he might have made.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(hugs you hard) - yes...I went and re-read your original posts and realized where you are on your journey. I'm glad you have a fiancee who loves you and is your support right now! Education is really the key. I don't think anyone can make an informed decision unless they are willing to open their minds and learn all sides - and you are clearly doing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit