Why does a fader have to be more Christian?

by Daft Fader 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Daft Fader
    Daft Fader

I am getting married in four weeks and have someone in my family that is heavily religious(JW). She hasn't spoken to me for i have no clue apart from being me. I have lots of people coming from all walks of life yet I want to avoid anyone feeling uncomfortable.

How do you manage that when you are the black sheep of the family?

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace... and CONGRATULATIONS!

The truth, dear one, is that people choose whether they are uncomfortable or not. ANd given who they think they are... and the god they believe they serve... you'd think Jehocah's Witnesses would be comfortable anywhere... and around anyone. CHRIST was. He went from the synagogue, to the temple, to the marketplace, to people's homes, to wherever the "sinners" where hanging out... to even where people considered to be "unclean" (i.e., due to demons, leprosy, menstruation, etc.) were. Heck, he went to hel... ummm... SHEOL and HADES! I can't think of a SINGLE place my Lord went... and was uncomfortable or couldn't talke with the people present.

And, yet, Jehovah's Witnesses are some of THE most "uncomfortable" (and superstitious!) people on the planet... which is one GREAT sign that God... is NOT with them. Because if God was "with" them... WHO (in the entire world) could be AGAINST them? No one... and so they would have no one... and nothing... to fear. LIKE Christ. And so they could... and would... hang out with... well, pretty much whomever.

But... unfortunately... they are imposters! They have a have a FORM of godly devotion... but, from day one have proved FALSE to it's "power" (i.e., the POWER... to overcome even demons - which they GREATLY fear - such that they would not NEED to fear... anything or anyone... that power being founded on LOVE... which casts ALL fear... OUTSIDE. Are you listening, dear pjschipper?).

It's YOUR wedding, dear one. YOUR day. YOU and your new bride/groom are the ONLY ones you really should be worrying about. NO ONE should being doing ANYTHING to make things uncomfortable for YOU. But, just in case there IS someone you feel might be uncomfortable, you should feel free to LOVINGLY tell them: "You know, it is VERY important to us that you come and share in OUR JOY, so we hope you can make it/stay. However, if you can't, we totally understand. We want YOU... to be comfortable. So, if you need to decline [or leave] in order to feel comfortable, please know we aren't offended because... WE... love YOU... and want YOU to be okay."

Then let 'em/it go... and get on with your celebration!

Again, congratulations... and may JAH bless!

A slave of CHrist,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit