Talk mentions earthquakes--I'm shaken, but not stirred...

by sd-7 6 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/learning/topics/increase_in_earthquakes.php

Found myself almost getting reassimilated as I listened to a public talk yesterday. I was surprised at how much 'insider doctrine' was being spouted in a public talk--the need to obey the Governing Body (not God, the Governing Body), mentions of 1914 (though of course, explaining how the heck we arrive at that belief is not mentioned, the public would be mighty confused--oh, right, that's when they'll ask for a Bible study), and the need to stay close to the organization (not God, but God's organization...), justification for the unscriptural practice of reporting field service time (in harmony with DOUBLETHINK, God doesn't care how much time we spend, but the 'slave' just collects your time to keep an eye on your spirituality...oookay, so...if time isn't a measurement of our spirituality before God, then why are you keeping tabs on it?), etc.

I realized that it's fear-mongering--keeping the R&F on edge is vital. Still, it's powerful, especially when you feel scared and lost, like me ever since I found out the real deal. It felt right being there...so easy to go back even though I'll be DF'd sooner or later. My lady friend wants me to give a public talk someday..she doesn't what she's asking. She's asking me to make her a single mom again and devote my time to the Borg. I could become one with the Borg again. We could. All of you will be assimilated as well, soon enough.

Anyway, they mentioned a huge jump in earthquakes since 1914. The above article shows that by and large, (1) earthquakes are not on the rise and (2) our ability to record them has improved, and that would probably be the only reason for higher numbers.

I know plenty have posted on this before. I just needed to remember that this is not real. Grateful for the Internet. Got to post next time my crazy theory on 1914. Who watches the Watchtower? We do.

SD-7

• loosie
    loosie

Record keeping of geological events has improved since 1914. Just like the world seems worse now than it did years ago, because for one, there are more peole in the world. when the population of the world increases the population of the good peole and bad people increase as well. Also now we have so many forms of communication we are much more apt to hear about world events, then we were before. When was the last time a volcano wiped out a whole civilization, like pompay? I don't think think earthquakes are happening any more than usual, we are just hearing about them more. Did the public talk give any historical stats on this? Or was it a believe it because I said it kind of thing?

• sd-7
    sd-7

They mentioned a Stanford University study claiming that 184 earthquakes had happened in the last 3,000 years (perhaps they meant major quakes?) and that 84 of them had happened after 1914. No author or book mentioned, though. As usual. Guess the presence of the bibliography is also invisible and discerned only by Christ's true followers...

SD-7

• PSacramento
  • jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Why did you subject yourself to another meeting?

Oh, and "shaken not stirred", LOL!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You will get it again in Talk #2 in the week 21st December.

Jesus gave another part of the sign, saying: “There will be earthquakes in one place after another.” Do you know what an earthquake is?— Earthquakes make the ground shake under your feet. Houses fall down, and people often get killed. Since the year 1914, there have been many earthquakes every year. Have you heard about earthquakes?—

Cheers

Chris

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Im so tired of being scared of earthquakes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit