Anyone notice a comment on Cold Case last night?

by Decided 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

Two detectives walked up to a suspect and he said, "I don't want any." They showed him their police bages and he said."I thought you were a Jehovah." He didn't include witness.

I have heard JWs mentioned on several TV programs lately.

Ken P.

• finding my way
    finding my way

Interesting.

I didn't see the episode..I watched a french film (God is Great. I am not) though the other night and was surprised to hear comments about witnesses.

It was a film about a girl who was lost and trying out several different religions. Christianity, buddhism, Judaism and her sister said something like "You are all primed for the Jehovah's Witnesses. They seek out lost people like you". The girl said "I would never join a sect!"

• Heaven
    Heaven

I didn't see the show but years ago, when my Dad was very 'zealous', his neighbour called him "One of those Jehovahs". So I guess it's a term used by people on the outside who have encountered JWs. Perhaps with their recent media blitz (and "Surviving Armageddon" theme), they are garnering more attention than usual.

• SallySue
    SallySue

They've been called that for many years on television. Never heard anything positive, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit