I'm the one who needs to "come to his senses" ?????

by Phizzy 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

ive been fornicatin--drinkin--smokin--for the last 35 years.

no--gave up smokin 15 years ago.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"Wait a second. YOU don't know what the words 'generation' or 'soon' mean, but you think I need to get my head right!?!"

Let's review: It's a cult!

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

I think you either believe the bible is the word of God or you do not.

To me Jws do neither. They will say that they believe the bible and come door to door with one.

Show them any one of the [dozens of] proof texts against their beliefs and you're the one who can't comprehend the truth.

That's been my experiences when speaking with them at my door or in my house.

just saying

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yup...I have had very similar chats...

I cant get my head around the way that witnesses will fall back on to fairy tales to support their beliefs...and yet WE are the ones who need to get OUR HEADS right??

Seriously.....

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    Phizzy - "You want to get your head right, and get back in quick!". I could not reply, but shook my head in dissent so that he could see.
    How would your friend respond to, "Why are you convinced that my thinking is wrong? (wait for a response) If you will not independently research the Watchtower's history and doctrines and critically think for yourself,, how will you prove to the other 99.99% of people on Earth that they are wrong about the Watchtower being a dangerous cult?"
    Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,
    Robert

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great reply Robert...yet you know that the standard reply from witnesses is

"I don't need to research or debate these things, as the Governing Body has done that FOR me!"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I demolished a couple of his fatuous arguments, and then he decided to scuttle away, throwing this over his shoulder as he went :

"You want to get your head right, and get back in quick!". I could not reply, but shook my head in dissent so that he could see.

..................A Discussion With a Jehovahs Witness Is Like..

.......................... A DISCUSSION WITH A BRICK WALL..

http://images1.tickld.com/live/964771.jpg

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

stuckinarut2 - Great reply Robert...yet you know that the standard reply from witnesses is

"I don't need to research or debate these things, as the Governing Body has done that FOR me!"

As Outlaw showed it could be talking to a wall, but then again little seeds of doubt may some day grow.

If you said in a tone and body language of trying to help them with their sales pitch, how would JWs respond to the following:

"So, if the end is soooo soon and the need is so great, why would you bring reproach on the Watchtower by behaving like a hypocrite? If you ask non-JWs to keep an open mind then non-JWs will expect you to keep an open-mind and independently research the Watchtower using public news reports.

For instance, how do you plan to convince a non-JW that the Watchtower doesn't enable and protect pedophiles, when the Watchtower instructs JWs not to bring reproach on the Watchtower? Are you going to lie or deceive them? How would you feel if someone lied to you or tried to deceive you?

How would you explain away the recent Nightline news report [you will need to have it stored on your smartphone to snow at an appropriate time] to a non-JW? If you lie or try to deceive them, most non-JWs will do their own independent research and feel that the Watchtower is a dangerous cult because you lied to them."

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• tiki
    tiki

'someone afflicted with reasoning abilities' hhahahhahha - that is a good one!

when someone is reduced to having to just tell you you're nuts, you know you have made a serious dent in their little ivory tower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit